Unit 1.1

Xander followed his friends, rather unwillingly, to the doors of the old woodenhouse that had lain abandoned since he moved here eight years ago.

The reason they were going into the old house, fancy shack was a better word for it, was because he and his friends were playing truth or dare earlier and Xander had the brilliant idea of daring them to come here later that night and stay until morning.

Unluckily for him they had turned around and dared him to come with them.

He didn't back off because one, if he didn't then he would owe all three of his friends that came 20 bucks, and he also didn't want to seem like a wimp.

This was how he and his friends, all bundled up in coats, ended up in the middle of the driveway to an old rickety house with no lights except for the few flashlights that they managed to get out of their houses.

They all looked at each other waiting for someone to go first. Jakelooked at everyone like they were all idiotsand marched into the house before screaming and falling to the ground.

Celia,Jake's girlfriend, ran over to him making sure he was okay. When she got close to him we all heard a laugh and Jake pulled himself up. "Come on, there's nothing to be afraid of, it's an old house.

The scariestthing about it are the stupid stories that the 8 year olds here tell the newcomers..." he laughed and pulled his red beanie backon before taking Celia by the hand, ignoring the bulky pink gloves she was wearing, and pulled her after him into what Xander assumed was the main room.

He rolled his eyes and looked over at his other friend that came with them, Julie,"Scared?" he asked playfully."You wish!" She laughed and fixed her blue scarf before following the others into the house, "What, are you scared?" she asked mockingly, noticing that Xander wasn't following her."Never," He followed her into the house, and zipping his jacket up, it was getting colder and there was no heating in the house.

He looked around the house, it seemed bigger on the inside, the last person to own the house apparently left everything in it, the couches were still there, along with a coffee table and a bunch of broken picture frames along the top of the fireplace. Xander watched as the two lovebirds, Jake and Celia, went upstairs with Julie in tow behind them.

That left him alone in the old creepy house, but he wasn't scared, no way.

He didn't believe in ghosts and with the amount of sounds the floorboards made he'd hear anyone a mile off.

He went into the kitchen to see if there was anything left in there but as soon as he entered another person ran into him, sending bothof them to floor in a tangled mess of limbson the floor, their heads barley missing the cabinets.

Xander stood up hastily and held out a hand to the kid on the floor. Thekid shook his head and pulled himself up using the cabinet."Sorry about that... I didn't realize anyone was here..." the kid muttered, "I'm Tate." Hetook Xander's still out-stretched hand and shook it."Its fine, we didn't think anyone was here either, my friends and I are here on a dare... I'm Xander by the way." Tate was a bit taller than him, but looked the same age as him, 15 or 16.

He was wearing a redbeanie over his shaggy blonde hair that was exactly like the one Jake was wearing and a blue scarf over his pale skin the same color as the one Julie had. It was a bit creepy but kind of cool as well, he thought.

He was about to ask Tate if he wanted to come with him to join is friends upstairs when he heard a blood curling scream upstairs.

He ran up, scared that someone had impaled themselves on a misplaced object.

He didn't want to imagine that... blood pouring around their body, last breath having just been lost, the rip- he stopped himself from thinking any further,if he did he'd be sick.

He just ran quicker and stopped in front of the door Julie was in. He stared in shock at the scene in frontof him.