chapter six | slow dancing!

never in a million years did you think you would be in this situation. especially with this boy.

"you want me to what?" you asked again in disbelief, staring at the scowling boy who stood in the hallway before you.

"you fucking heard me, dumbass." he seethed, not even sparing a glance at you while his hands were shoved into his jogger pockets.

"well can you at least give me a good reason to teach you?" you asked nicer this time, stepping aside so the boy could come in. you would help him either way, but you were dying to know why the katsuki bakugou needed to learn how to slow dance.

"you're just gonna laugh at me," he grumbled before walking over to your bed, sitting down on the very edge.

"me? doesn't sound like something i would do, katsuki~" you joked sweetly, closing your dorm room door and watching the boy type away on his phone.

he simply grunted and shut off his phone, soft music now playing out of the speaker. he took off his sweatshirt to reveal his famous black tank top and huge biceps.

"teach me, shitty woman." he ordered as he stood up in front of you, hands back into his pockets. no wonder they were so warm all the time.

"ouch. your insults hurt more and more every time, bakugou. i don't think i've heard you use my name once," you pondered, stepping closer to the boy and stifling a laugh when he just rolled his eyes.

"wait a second! do you even know my name!?" you jumped back with your arms in a fighting position. he really spent all this time with you and he didn't even know your name?

"don't be stupid you idiot! of course i know your damn name. you just don't deserve to hear it come out of my mouth." he countered with a simple smirk, holding his hand out for you to grab.

"now teach me how to dance or i'm never talking to you ever again." he ordered again.

"harsh!"

"i'll blast you."

"better than being stuck here with you."

he gave you an unimpressed look as you doubled over in laughter, trying your hardest to stay quiet.

"it's not even funny." you said to yourself before standing up, wiping away the drops of tear in the corners of your eyes.

"okay okay sorry," you giggled again before shuffling over to him again, hesitantly placing your cold hand into his sweaty one. of course.

"get some damn gloves or something," he mumbled as he flinched in your cold touch.

"shut it. we're in my dorm and i'm helping you, so deal with it," you stated before moving his hand onto your waist and putting your own on his shoulder.

you had to treat this like a simple dance lesson. no feelings involved. you didn't like him. right?

"okay so, basically, just follow my steps."

you moved your right foot back, causing his right foot to step on your left. you let out a squeal before pushing him away, grabbing your foot.

"with your opposite foot, stupid!" you cried out, wondering how he had such a hard step when you both were both wearing fluffy socks.

"well you didn't clarify!" he answered in a tremulous tone, trying not to chuckle at your overdramatized state.

"ok then katsuki, opposite foot." you reported, eyes narrowing at the stupidly cute boy in front of you.

"alright alright" he sighed before pulling you into him again, his hand resting at the dip of your waist.

"opposite foot" he muttered to remind himself, looking down at his feet as he followed your steps carefully.

"hey you're doing it correctly now!" you praised with a squeeze to his hand.

"shut up. you're distracting."

you shook your head and let him stare down at your feet for a few more moments before pressing your bodies together. he was forced to lift his head up when he almost came in contact with your shoulder.

"don't be so tense." you whispered, resting your forehead on his shoulder. your eyes closed in serenity.

he huffed before closing his eyes as well, praying his feet would take only the right steps to not embarrass himself.

once the song ended, so did the dancing.

but his hold on you didn't loosen.

"thanks for teaching me, i guess" he mumbled as his hand gently pushed against the small of your back. you couldn't help but smile and nod, your hand slowly slipping out of his.

"it's what friends do," you shrugged, backing away finally to look into his red eyes.

"whatever you wanna think, dumbass" he looked to the side and bit the inside of his cheek, contemplating about his next words.

"i'm planning about asking this girl out, and i know it's fucking stupid so don't point it out. but i've heard a few times that she likes dancing so i wanted to learn." he spit out quickly, narrowing his eyes as he put all his focus on some weird painting on your wall.

"hm, okay. why didn't you just ask her to teach you? more of a bonding moment!" you tilted your head and looked to the ground, ignoring the slight pain that suffocated your heart.

when bakugou didn't answer, you just took that as a sign he was done with the topic.

"well..." you broke the awkward silence, "guess it's getting late and since i have nothing else to do, i guess i'll go to bed. i hope i taught you well," you offered a small smile before opening your door for him to leave. though you were hesitant.

"thanks." he spoke almost too quietly while grabbing his phone and shoving it into his pocket before he hastily left your dorm, storming down the hall.

you shook your head and closed the door, being surrounded in eerie quietness again. it was a weird sensation now since you have spent so many late nights with the explosive boy.

"dumbass, left his sweatshirt," you mumbled, confused. his phone was sat right next to it, obviously he would have seen it. unless, of course, he left it on purpose.

you remember talking to momo and uraraka about dancing one day before school started.

"could i be...? no. no y/n that's stupid. he doesn't like you." you corrected yourself and eyed his sweatshirt for a second longer, a chill running down your spine that moment. a sign, maybe.

you pursed your lips in thought before grabbing the gray material, slipping it past your shoulders and watching it lay comfortably over your mid-thigh.

the suffocation in your heart from earlier, was now gone. a wide smile now taking over instead.

you had always liked dancing.