chapter seven | hand holding!

edit: pls stop commenting about your weights and degrading yourselves on a certain part of this story <3 bakugou works out so of course it would be easy for him to lift you. okay bye love you

"i'm so done with this," you breathed out heavily, falling back onto the grass and closing your eyes.

"no you're not. get your lazy ass up and fight me," bakugou hovered over your sweaty body before pulling up into a sitting position.

"bakugou leave me alone. we're both gonna do fine, you even said it yourself, so let me sleep," you whined childishly, your head falling forward as your eyes closed again.

the blonde boy squatted in front of you, watching as your breathing slowed down to an easy and calming pace.

"do not tell me you fucking fell asleep," he mumbled before placing his palm on your cheek, lifting your face up and feeling it go limp in his hand.

"dumbass," he scoffed, turning his head in thought. it was late at night - as always - and bakugou suggested for you two to fight a little to get ready for the physical exams. you agreed, but you didn't think it would be so tiring. for what seems like the first time in forever, you actually willingly begged for sleep.

"well what am i supposed to do now?" he asked into the cool air, turning back to you in hopes you would wake up. instead, your head stayed nestled into his hand, heavily sleeping.

"oh god. you're so difficult," he groaned before standing up, stretching out his arms and leaning down to pick you up. his left arm hooked underneath your knees while his right wrapped around your upper back.

"jesus you're light," his eyes widened in surprise when he used a bit a force to pull you up, only to stumble back by how little effort that would have taken.

as he carried you up the stairs to your dorm, he would occasionally glance down to make sure you were still sleeping. mainly to avoid embarrassment if you were awake. he prayed no one would wake up and see him; he wouldn't know how to explain the situation.

he somehow managed to open your rooms door without dropping you, and kick it shut with his foot when he walked in. he looked around your dorm as he carried you to your bed, placing you down as gently as bakugou could be.

the blond boy sat at the end of your bed, resting his hands on his knees while he looked at you curl up on top of your covers. he furrowed his eyebrows before scooting a bit closer, seeing your hands folded together extremely close to your body.

"how come your hands are always so cold?" he mumbled to himself before absentmindedly reaching his fingers out to yours, wiggling them in between your two folded hands. sure you two have 'held hands' before, they were quick grasps and they weren't very intimate. so this time, he bit the inside of his cheek before intertwining his fingers with your cold ones.

he glanced at your face and noticed you were expressionless, knocked out completely, but the gentle grip you had on his hand said otherwise.

his eyes glanced around your room to distract himself from staring at you. a small chuckle left his lips when he saw the sweatshirt he 'accidentally' left here that one night hanging off the back of your desk chair. his free hand ran over his face, sighing in defeat before turning to look at you again.

"what am i even still doing here," he sighed while his eyes narrowed, yet, he didn't move. something about the way your fingers rested between his and how you subtly squeezed his hand for warmth made him want to stay.

forever.