Intermission - Till Death Do Us Apart

when two became one

when two became one

it was like waking up blind

༻𖥸༺

THE SILENCE WAS OVERBEARING and it felt as if his ears were ringing, but no true noise came through, no shouts, no sirens wailing and no sobs echoing.

Flashing lights of red and blue were lost in a monochromatic palette and his eyesight was blurry, unclear and he didn't know if it was because of his tears or his current condition.

The coppery taste of blood, bitter and alien on his tongue, felt like a constant, as if it will always be there.

What strangeness, he though, thinking nothing of his predicament.

There was a liquid dripping from his head, trickling down on his forehead, gathering in his brow and splitting up in two一 one side running its course down his temple, the other dripping over his eye, obscuring his already muddled sight.

He had a concussion, he concluded with nonchalance as he noted the dry flakes of blood that congregated in the strands of his inky black hair.

Ah, he reached a tired epiphany, I don't have my glasses. It was a logical conclusion, seeing as his vision was still murky一 but that could be the concussion at work and nothing else.

It was strange, how acutely aware he was to his own appearance and senses, yet he could not see nor feel those that surrounded him.

All was a blur, and, oddly enough, he felt content to leave it at that.

In a whirlwind of events that he failed to register, all faded to black and there was nothing he could see.

There was no more phantom noise or colourless emptiness, just the constant darkness that occupied the vastness around him and within his mind.

Too quiet.

Too empty.

Too much space.

He felt the suffocating symptoms of panic spread through his body, taking hold of his body and pushing aside all rational throughs, corrupting his lungs and blocking off his windpipe.

The air came in too fast and left too slowly. He couldn't breathe. The darkness was too much, too vast. He couldn't see. The silence felt deafening, the ringing was back. He couldn't hear.

And then it stopped. He couldn't feel.

The chilling fingers of nothingness snaked around his throat, trapping him in a sensation so cold it made his soul shiver.

Was this what death felt like?

Should he have had a body, he would have been crying by now. But instead of sorrowful sobbing, silence seemed to impose itself over everything.

How depressing death was.

So he sat there, in that unbearable quietness and senselessly watching, for what he didn't know, but it was engraved in his mind一or what remained of it一that he should wait.

How long he waited, he didn't know.

Was time even relevant when it came to dieing? He very much doubted such concepts, but couldn't deny the passage of moments because he was in no place to verify it.

Time was irrelevant.

Feelings were irrelevant.

Such things quickly died in the wake of a new breath being drawn once more.

It appeared that the world breathed life into him once more, so why did he feel so lost.

In arms that radiated warmth and felt eerily still, he was encased in golden light.

So, so, so lost.

It was like this that he found himself blind to all things that weren't the first sight of this new life of his.

✂------------------------------------------

i realised i never gave a "time" in which ye-jun felt the effects of death taking their toll on him, so i figured i might as well do it.

in my concept of reincarnation, the process isn't an instant one, but it lasts and lasts and lasts until you can no longer count the seconds which you've waited up until now.

in my mind, death isn't something brought on by destiny, but fate, as it can appear at the most unexpected of times and in the most unreal ways.

maybe dying by being hit by a car was a bit cliché, but i would like to think that the reasons behind ye-jun's death are far more of note than his method.

to me, ye-jun, and subsequently athan, is a character i project myself through.

my ways of dealing with certain situations and brushing aside people i find not being detrimental to my existence are identical to the actions of athanasius.

i like to think that ye-jun and athan are far more complex than a simple guy who died before his dream could be fulfilled and got reborn in a world he knew little to nothing about.

i'm not going to bore you with the ways i view my characters, maybe later, but not now.

i wish you all live lives that you can truly be proud of calling yours.

good night.

一 written at 1:40am