𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩

LUST FOR LIFE
the birthday mishap

LUST FOR LIFEthe birthday mishap

SUDDENLY, EDWARD PULLED himself away from Bella as he sat up in a more formal position on the couch where they were no longer touching

SUDDENLY, EDWARD PULLED himself away from Bella as he sat up in a more formal position on the couch where they were no longer touching. Bella was about to ask what was wrong, but then she heard it too.

From outside the house, she heard the sound of her Aunt Lena's car pulling up on the driveway and approaching the front door of the house.

"Bella?! Are you home?"

"In the living room," Bella calls out.

Footsteps approached the two of them. "Hey you two," Lena smiled at them in a happy mood and she didn't even look surprised or phased that Edward was here with Bella since he has been here in their home every day ever since Prom.

"Good evening, Lena." Edward formally greets back in a polite tone.

"What are you guys watching?" Lena glanced over at the television before making her way towards the kitchen.

"Romeo and Juliet. It's for English," Bella answers.

"Sounds...fun," Lena lied unconvincingly.

"After we finish the movie, we are going to head back to my house for Bella's party," Edward informs Lena.

Bella gave Edward an annoyed expression but he didn't notice it. Or at least didn't react to her.

"Great! I'll get dressed right now." Lena excitedly went up the stairs.

Bella turned to give Edward an annoyed expression. "You can't escape the inevitable, Love." Edward smiled as he looked at her frustrated look.

Bella shook her head as she picked up the tv remote and click the off switch.

"We still had about forty-five minutes left of the movie?" Edward question her actions.