Chapter One : Familiar

Golden rays of the blinding essence of sunlight rained downward toward the planet Earth, the only planet inhabited by organic life. From the rivers to the valleys, life frolicked about, surviving in everlasting peace after the mass destruction hundreds, no, thousands of years prior. Everlasting. What a silly term. Nothing, everybody knows, could possibly last forever. Everlasting. What a simple wail of hope, establishing a false sense of peace in the minds of unknowing humans and Pokémon alike. Everlasting. What a joke. When the skies seem to be clear there will always be a devastating storm just around the corner. Preparing to zap the light from innocent villages in the blink of an eye. Everything changes. It's simple logic.

Everything always seems to be perfectly fine. Splendid. In tune with reality until something, nobody even knows what, comes barging in uninvited. In the stories, the fairytales and other media such as this, everything turns out okay! Okay in the fairytales, but this is reality. This is the truth. This is the world. The cruel, unforgiving world. Silence. Silence is peaceful is it not? Everything depends on context, correct? Silence in nature is beautiful, the creatures are all tucking in for the night and the gentle hum of the wind brings a sense of reassurance. Then, there's silence in the pitch black nothing. There is not a sign of anything anywhere and you feel as if you may just be going insane. But that's just where everything started. That's just where all good stories begin. With nothing.

The darkness consumed the area, nothing was visible, not a soul made a sound. From the darkness came a faint light. Just hardly recognizable and with the sudden shock of a deafening explosion the darkness was no more. A creature with feline-like limbs reached up to rub their groggy eyes, adjusting to the light when another similar sound echoed in their ears. It opened its brilliant aquamarine eyes with a jolt.

It was tired, no that wasn't quite right. Nothing could describe how physically and somewhat mentally exhausted this creature was. They could not move an inch, couldn't do so much as to lift a single finger. All the creature could do was sit there helplessly in the protection of the forest.

The forest? The creature looked around. That's odd. The forest was unfamiliar to the feline, it remembered going to rest within the comfort of a cozy cave atop a mountain in the clouds. How had it suddenly found itself all the way on the forest floor, protected from the weather beneath a canopy of lush greenery. The blue-eyed creature was not complaining though, the soft grass was a preferred place to nap opposed to the rocky surface of a frozen cave. Despite the sense of reassurance from the comforting surroundings, it wouldn't help but wonder how on Earth it had gotten all the way to the valley?

Looking around, the pink Pokémon was finally able to recognize the area. It had been here before. Years ago that is. There was smoke, fire, trees, not a single other living being was in sight. This destruction, this chaos, the creature knew it all too well. But from what exactly? It didn't know, hadn't a clue.

There was yet another loud boom, this one closer than the last. The creature looked up towards where the sound was coming from only to be met with the scene of a falling tree preparing to crush the life out of the tiny pink feline. With a rush of adrenaline, the creature pushed itself out of the way in the nick of time, finding itself being propelled into the air. The creature looked down, it was floating. That wasn't new as it was one of the small Pokémon's many abilities, but it felt wonderful to be back in the air after six thousand years of a tranquil slumber.

Taking advantage of the ability to move once more, the creature started floating about. Within seconds of being able to move, the creature suddenly made contact with an invisible wall and collapsed to the rocky surface. The feline opened its eyes to find the place it was meant to be, a cave, exactly where it had fallen asleep. Well, not exactly as the creature had gotten up and moved around. It must have been a dream, but how could a dream have been that realistic. Something deep inside the pink-furred Pokémon's heart was screaming at them to be worried, to figure out what was going on. It didn't want to believe that anything was out of the ordinary, it had just awoken from a six thousand year long nap. It wanted to see how much the world had changed in that time, not immediately get tossed into another battle it didn't ask to be a part of.