Chapter 1 the adventurers

Long ago, something known as the black mist came and took over half of the world. No one has been able to figure out what this mist is, but whenever someone goes inside this mist they turn into a mindless zombie, that has no will of it's own. So the government, decided to create this organisation known as the adventurers. These people are unique. They can resist the the black mist, and venture onward towards whoever, or whatever, made the black mist.

Me and my friend/companion (Megan Poggers) are on our way towards the black mist.
"What do you think the black mist is?" I ask
"Could be anything"
"Well let's just hope we can find what it is, before something else does" me and Megan, start pulling closer and closer to a village known as  warriors village. 
When we get there, everyone is training. I see a sword, fly past my face but I don't flinch. 
"I'll meet up with you and the others in a bit" I said
"Where are you going?" Asked Megan
"To talk to the chief of this village" I said I tie up my horse, and head towards the chief's house. I walk up to the door, and knock on it. 
I wait for a couple of minuets until I knock again. This time, louder. "Yeah, yeah I'm coming!" I hear him say from behind the door. "By all means..."
"Been awhile... dad"
"You should be dead..."
"But I'm not. No I'm with the adventurers now, and you can't stop me now dad" I turn around to make sure, that no one else overheard our conversation. "Did you get my letter?" I whisper to my dad.
"I got it. What was with all the encrypting shit anyhow?" I turn towards him sitting down.
"Can't be too careful" I reply "look if you've read the letter..."
"Which I have" he interrupts me,
"Which you have. Then you should know that I'm going into the black mist" he looks at me and then looks at the ground. "Look dad I need to do this. I came here today to tell you that you can't control me anymore. I control myself" 
I get up, and walk towards the door. "Paul!!" He shouts.
I turn around to look at him. "Be careful" 
"I will" I walk out the door, and head to the others. 
When I get to the meeting place, Megan is heading out. "Where are you going?" I ask
"Somewhere" I walk into the pub, and head over to the people I'm meeting with.
"Took you some time. Didn't it Paul?" 
"I..." I pause "I had to make a stop on the way here..."
"You are being paid to go into that black thing, that swallowed up half of the world. Now, if I told you that I had to make a stop. Would you be mad?" I stand there. Silent. "Well it's non of my business what you were doing, you're here now and that's what matters" I take a seat next to him. "Why did Megan leave?" He asked
"Dunno. All she said was she was going 'somewhere'" seemingly out of nowhere, Megan shows up. 
She takes a seat and we start to discuss, what's going to happen.
It takes a couple of hours, to finish the meeting. But I survive. Somehow. We all head off to the inn, and go to bed.
The next day me and Megan, go on our quest and venture onward into the black mist.