What is wrong with you, Malfoy

It had been a long day. Not only had Draco Malfoy needed to deal with Potter and his crew, he had been partnered up with the female of that particular group.

He was in potions, the class he enjoyed the most due to the loyal Slytherin he called his teacher. It was supposed to be his stress-relief, but today had other plans.

“Granger…. You will be partnered up with Malfoy. Seeing as you two are the smartest students in this class, I expect excellent results.”

Those were the dreaded words that had been spoken in the monotone voice of a man he looked up to. Time seemed to slow down as he noticed her reluctantly grabbing her things and advancing towards him.

That class period was very difficult to sit through. After the lesson, Draco stood up swiftly and spoke with an irritated tone,

“Meet me in the courtyard after dinner so that we can get started.”

With that, he walked away, not caring much about her answer.

    After all of the classes for that day had ended, it was finally dinner time.

The only problem was that Draco didn’t seem to enjoy it that much, the knowledge of needing to sit… alone… with Hermione for a few hours made his skin crawl.

He forced himself to eat so that he could get this day over with as quickly as possible.

Of course, by looking at him, most would think that Draco Malfoy hated the girl. But that couldn't be farther from the truth, it was quite the opposite. 

He loved her.

And oh, how he wished she would feel the same.

    Dinner had ended faster then he would have liked, but he knew he couldn’t avoid the meeting.

He stood from his seat at the Slytherin table and walked across the great hall to the gigantic doors. He pushed through them and headed to the courtyard where he found Hermione sitting against a tree, reading a muggle book.

“I don't understand why you enjoy that muggle trash. There are plenty of superior wizarding books that would be much more worth your while.”

She rolled her eyes as she tapped her floating bookmark, sending the message that she was finished with her reading. The thin, plastic rectangle glided into place on the page, it seemed as though it had danced to the crease between the pages.

She gently closed the book and placed it to her side,

“Good evening to you too, Malfoy.”

Her obvious annoyance with his 
presence made him smirk, he loved the way her face contorted into an adorable expression.

    He sat beside her, opening his bag so that he could take out the parchment and quills they needed in order to write the essay. They both took a feather, soaked with ink, and began discussing which potion they would research.

Of course, the tranquility that they had managed to keep soon gave out. They couldn’t seem to agree on which potion they would create.