Striking Black Attire

I am obsessed with Mafia AU's, so that's exactly what I'm doing! This will contain some pretty deep stuff but don't worry, I never include non-con things in any of my stories, unless said person commiting said thing is about to get beaten the fuck up. Anywho~! I hope y'all enjoy C: (Oh and I tried my damndest to try and put some 20s slang in there, so bare with me if its cringe)

((f/c)= favorite colour)

.

The year is 1920, I'm in my late 20s and still working at a smoky bar in one of the shadiest parts of New York city. If you'd have asked me about 7 years ago when i'd just started this job, what I thought I'd been doin by now, I'da looked at you with a glint in my eye and smile on my face and said 'Honey by the time I'm grown I'll be a star!'.. Well long story short, I didn't get no lousy contract for my voice to be up on the stage, nor did I keep the man that I would've told you I'd marry on the spot.

So here I sit, putting a thousand bobby pins in my hair, wearing tight dresses, and singing for dirty rotten criminals. At least I could say I looked good, the crimson covering my lips shining brightly under the light bulbs that screwed in over my little vanity table. My boobs pushed up and a little squished but I didn't mind, I'd been doing this long enough that I had to learn not to mind anyhow.

Speaking of which, I pushed my boobs together a little and adjusted the fabric containing them, making sure that nothing slipped out. Once I finished poking and prodding at my appearance I slowly rose from my seat and stepped towards my little purple door, the clipping of my heels echoing through the small room. I stepped out and walked down the hall and passed the bosses expensive looking office, his door a deep red with a gold plaque nailed to it that read "Stark". He's a nice man, nicer to women though.. He's the epitome of a womanizer and I never gave him the time of day when I was in my interview, I had fully expected not to receive it at that point but he instead laughed it off when I threatened to poke his eyes out, only then to later give me the job. After that he continued to try, but every attempt was fruitless.

The sound of the band and laughter from patrons filled my ears as the smoke burned my nostrils, until I finally stepped out onto the floor of the large and expensive bar. I pulled a cigarette from my bra and walked over to the bar where a familiar and kind face greeted me with a smile as he cleaned out a glass with a white cloth, Clint's his name. He's nearly a complete opposite from our shared boss Tony, the only thing they did share was a drink and a sense of humour. Clint's a family man, two kids and another on the way, but with his tough exterior from afar, most would think he hated everyone and their mama.

I smiled back to him as I sighed "Clinty you got a light?" he let out a puff of air from his nose as he reached to his pocket and pulled out a gold plated lighter, I remember when he told everyone about the anniversary present Laura had saved up to get him, the smile on his face stuck for the whole day. I held out my hand as he lit the end of the little stick before I put it to my lips, letting out a puff as I looked out across the sea of cookie cutter men and women, large smiles plastered across chubby and balding heads accompanied by women with curly hair and even more pushed up breasts than mine, and half these women chose to be that way.

"You're lookin' blue, anything wrong (Y/n)?" Clints voice stole back my attention as I glanced back, it had been a long time ago.. but my heart still ached for that companionship that left me about 3 and a half years ago, the feeling of a mans touch almost foreign to me as I slept in a cold and lonely bed "Oh it's nothing.. Just hatin love I guess" I said with a chuckle, but my drooping smile contradicted it entirely. The sound of heels approached as I looked beside me, another long term friend of mine, Natasha. She wore her curly red hair with elegance with barely any makeup adorned to her already flawless features "Now what's all this about hating love? This isn't about that sleazebag you were dating all those years ago is it?" Natasha gave me a raised eyebrow as she glanced to Clint "Tch, come on I think it's obvious Nat, she's got that love lorn look all over her face" I scowled and waved my hand at them as I swiveled around in my chair, leaning my elbow against my risen knee with my chin in my palm.