11. The Ride

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy
I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Somebody to hold

I started to walk behind Zakhar. My mind was full of notions. I don't feel much good also. My head was hurting so much.

Zakhar eyed me suspiciously, "What happened to your forehead?"

"What will happen? Nothing happened. I just hit myself with the door, " I asserted.

Zakhar dangerously chuckled, "I know the difference between hitting yourself with a door and get beaten by someone. So don't try to fool me, Mary. It will not gonna work."

I avoided his eyes. I can't tell him the truth. He'll spread it in the whole school. Then my father will be angry. I don't want that. "Why don't you believe I hit with the door? You don't have to care about me, " I snapped.

"Now leave me at my house. What're you waiting for?" I let out angrily.

He gazed at me with a look and I knew he won't let it go easily. I sighed. He walked in front of a thing that made my blood cold.

"What's this? " I asked in a terrified voice.

"Seriously? You never saw a bike in your life? " Zakhar asked irritatingly.

"Oh hell no!" I violently shook my head, "There's no way I'm getting on that thing. I don't have a death wish."

He rolled his eyes and handed me an extra helmet as he got on the bike, "It's a great rush. I think you'll like it if you give it a shot. And you don't have a choice. So live a little. "

Damn him! I'm really scared of riding motorcycles because once Ray was seriously wounded by riding a motorcycle in the wrong way. He was in bed for one month and grounded for two months. I always heard his screamings. It's terrifying. But since I don't have a choice because of my stupidity I've to go with him. Maybe I'm gonna die today.

"Are you going to sit here or I'll leave you here? " He asked in a grumpy voice.

"Do I have a choice? " I asked him and he replied, "Honestly? No!"
He started laughing. I glared at him.

I'm choosing death between death and facing Cole. Without another word, I strapped the helmet on and got on behind him.

"Wrap your arms around my waist and hold on tight. That's all you have to do, " he instructed, waiting for me to wrap my arms around him before starting up the motorcycle.

I'm practically having a heart attack, I could feel my erratic heartbeat over the sound of the motorcycle.

"Here we go," Zakhar said, and seconds later we were off.

This isn't so bad I thought, although we were still in the parking lot. My mind quickly changed when we got onto the actual road and started going a lot faster. I held onto Zakhar as tightly as I could and closed my eyes, terrified for my life. I can't believe people willingly do this!

When I wrapped my arms around him he became a little bit uncomfortable. My hair was flying all over his face. But I can't unwrap him or open my eyes. It's so scary.

"Open your eyes, princess," He called.

"No!!" I screamed hugging him more tightly. Though being terrified for my life I can't stop blushing from the fact that that he had called me princess. Thank God he can't see my face otherwise he would make fun of me.

"Believe me, you're gonna enjoy this. Please trust me, I'll never let anything bad happen to you, " He murmured.

I would never open my eyes if there was someone else in his place. But There was something in his voice that made me open my eyes. And thank God! I did. The wind was loud in my ears and my hair flew in all directions as we sped down road after road. As we drove I got more and more comfortable. This is such a thrill! I forgot about everything that happened. I am feeling so alive. Now I understand why people love riding bikes.

We passed the parks, office buildings, businesses with bright neon lights. But my favorite thing to see was the river that flowed under a bridge where lovers stood in the night, looking down at their joint reflection in the water with the moonlight overhead. Smiling, holding hands, and loving the night as the night breeze brush their skins sending just enough chill to make them shiver closer.

"Are you enjoying, Mary? " He asked me. "Hell, yes!" I answered him. Instead, I started cheering and standing on the bike. He was also chuckling at my behavior.

"I'm glad you're enjoying this ride, " He confessed fondling the handle.

"Thank you sooooo muchhhhhhh for persuading me to ride in this ride. Otherwise, I would have never felt this happy in my entire life, " I said hugging him more tightly. I felt I can go like this for my entire life. This is the first time in my life, I felt so free, so vivid. All the tensions are gone.

When he pulled off the ride I was a little bit sad. I didn't want this ride to be ended so soon.

"Don't be so sad. We'll go through it again," he explained keeping the key in his pocket.

"Thanks, " I giggled. "Hey! Wait a minute! This is not my residence. Where you've bought me?" I asked looking at the unknown environment.

"Aren't you full of questions?" He implored keeping the helmet from me.

"You said you're giving me a ride to my home," I confided him pointing towards his chest.

"Well, I do say I'm giving you a ride. But I never said I'm going to your home, " he smirked looking towards me with his beautiful eyes.

"You're really a different creature. And can I ask you why you've bought me here, Mr. Zakhar?" I raised a question.

"Well, we're going to eat something at first. I'm really hungry, " He replied looking towards a luxurious diner. Is he crazy?

Indeed, I'm also hungry. I barely eat anything since lunch if you do not count pancakes and my Dad's hitting. So I didn't complain.

"I'm not hungry, " I lied to him. Nevertheless the look on his face clearly described that he didn't buy that. My stomach growled and he chuckled. Someone kill me.

"Sure. I didn't invite you to eat with me," he said sarcastically.

"I'm going...." I turned to walk away in shame.

"WAIT! I'm just messing with you," he mumbled laughingly.

"I thought you were being a genuine, jerk," I moaned, turning to walk away.
Zakhar pulled me back towards him.

"Don't- leave-please-" he said between laughs.

"Well, if you're going to keep laughing like this then bye," I told him, moving away again.

But suddenly I was pulled into a hug. Zakhar had stopped laughing and had enveloped me in his arms, sighing deeply.

"God, you're so cute, " His comment made my heart blush. What're you doing to me, Mr. Playboy? I said to myself.