Northburn Woods

Ever since my sister, Hayley came back from camping, Everything went exactly the same as before. No more of me being able to do anything because mom and dad were working 24/7, playing outside, cooking, school, everything normal kids would do. My sister gave me a white tulip-like flower as a souvenir from her camping trip with her friends. She told me all the fun things she did, not intending to brag, but I was jealous. As we all got reading to go to sleep I think how fun it would be to go camping with my friends. Then it hit me. Like it literally hit me. It was a drome, my friend's drome, that just smacked me in the face.

 "What the heck do you want Krist?" I yell out the window. 

   "Just wanna know what your thinking," He yelled. "I can see that twinkle you get when you have a stupid idea that I'll stupidly agree to and always ending up almost dying,"

 It was silent for a few moments till he said, "So umm, what's the plan because I'm in."

 I chuckle than reply "Pack your bags, we're going camping." I grab my all-black bag and start packing shirts, pants, shoes, you get the idea. I get changed into my hiking shoes and some short jean pants with a black t-shirt. I gab my also black hat and put my hair in a ponytail. I was almost ready. I silently snuck downstairs to the garage to grab camping supplies, including my camping knife. I head to the front door about to open it when I remember the motion sensor outside. I silently scream when I have to go out through the garage because it was so loud that I was surprised my sister didn't wake up.

   A good 30 minutes later she and Krist met up at the front of the woods. I read the sign that said, "Welcome to the Northburn Woods, Enjoy Your Stay!" 

  "Cool name," Krist said as we walked into the woods. The sun was already coming up, shining through the trees. We continued to walk on the dirt path to get to an open space to set up camp until we heard a noise. I dive behind a bush but Krist just stays still, not moving at all. I see a head pop out though a bush, it was our friends. 

   "I didn't know you guys were coming!" I said happily.

   "We would let you guys sneak out without us!" Kim says. The rest of the group came to. Kayla, Brooklyn, Red, Jay, and Luke. We all continued walking to the campsite and when we got there we started setting up everything. After we were done we all decided to go for a swim in the water hole near us. We all change behind trees and bushes and ran to the water. We swam for a long time that by the time we were done it was getting dark. By the time we were getting out to head back for camp, we heard a noise in the bushes. 

   "That's not any of us," Red says. "Were all right here..."

   I dove to the ground as a stick came flying at me. I rolled to the side to grab my camping knife I brought with me a ran at the bushes, gabbing the knife everywhere. On my 3rd jab, something groaned painfully. I took the knife out of the bush to see dark red blood covering half of the blade. I didn't have time to scream because whatever blood was on it grabbed me.