𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧

gender neutral!reader

With John Preston after the revolution, it's a long and rewarding journey to discover new emotions.

• ───────────────── •

Jealousy to him is a new and very conflicting emotion. If his s/o is busy talking to someone it won't bother him, he'll just wait patiently. He'll intervene when he sees that the person is being too touchy-feely with you. John has a very protective nature, not just for his kids but also for his partner. John risked his life protecting what he loved and the ability to love. He isn't going to just let anyone take them away. John will walk up to the individual stealing your attention and calmly ask to speak with his lover in private. When his lover asks him why he pulled them away, it is very difficult to put his feelings into words but they get the idea. His s/o has to walk him through what he's feeling afterward and he feels a little guilty. S/o tells him that it's normal to feel that way, it shows how devoted he is to his partner.

• ───────────────── •

Nicknames are a bit alien to him. He'll just call his partner by their name. If their s/o gives him nicknames he's cool with it but it felt weird the first few times they did it. After a bit of time, he might use basic terms of endearment like love, dear, wife/husband.

• ───────────────── •

John takes slow steps with physical affection. Holding hands is what he prefers to do in public. Wearing gloves most of his adult life kept him from really feeling the touch and warmth of another person. John isn't conscious of this but he often draws imaginary shapes on your hands with his thumb.

John is used to sleeping alone on a cold bed so cuddling while sleeping is a bit of a culture shock to him. To help make him more comfortable, his s/o bought him some nice sheets and blankets. He was really stiff in the beginning, but he warmed up to the idea of holding his s/o close. His s/o resting their head on their chest or just facing each other is fine with him.

• ───────────────── •

Despite his stoic nature, John Preston has some wit to him. A playful wink here and there. In his readings, he samples from romance novels of the past to model a more "ideal" partner. John can get a little insecure because he feels he isn't communicating his love effectively.

• ───────────────── •

DATING JOHN PRESTON WOULD INCLUDE:

♛. Enjoying the small things when you can.

♛. Sharing favorite movies, books, music, etc.

♛. Teaches you how to defend yourself.

♛. Long, barefoot walks through nature, Appreciating the new sensations.

♛. Is open to having children or adopting.

♛. His son outsmarting you sometimes.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐨 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐚 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 🎉