~Fate~

Her eyes became blurred with unshed tears that she wouldn't dare to let fall. Noctifer kept his hands on her cheek and jaw and stroked her skin gently.

"Please...just let me go. I won't tell anyone just let me go," she quivered. Her voice was small and shaky and you couldn't miss the sob that was threatening to break free from her throat that had tightened.

What did she do to deserve this?

"Do you know who I am?" he mumbled as his eyes flickered with an unknown emotion. And that's all it took for the tears to slip from her evergreen orbs.

She nodded slowly as she closed her eyes and her body began to shake. More tears began to wet her cheeks, one by one.

His jaw clenched as he saw something he would do anything to not see ever again. He used his thumb to wipe away the tears but that only made them fall faster.

She knew that his gentleness would not last long.

Wrong again.

He would be as gentle as he could for however long it would take...for her.

He had gone so long without her...he would do anything to make her want to stay.

But he wouldn't make her stay. His only wish was for her to be happy and it was clear she wasn't happy before.

"Words," he urged darkly, and she was not going to find out what would happen if she disobeyed.

"Yes," she whispered, so incoherent. 

"I want you to hear you say it. Who am I?" he pressed on, softly, his tone gentle but still stoic.

"Noctifer," she muttered, her voice breaking as she swallowed down a sob. Her hands fisted in the bedsheets as she refused to meet his eyes. 

She had to swallow down the lump that was rising to her throat and the tears that completely took away her vision.

"Good. Then you know that I always get what I want, mhm?" he muttered quietly as he moved a stray hair away from her face.

Her eyes were teary and fearful, and he swore he felt his insides twist unpleasantly.

He hated to see her like that.

And he knew it was his fault.

"And I want...you," he whispered, not giving her room to respond to his previous question.

His thumb made its way down to the side of her neck where he previously applied pressure to make her unconscious.

He pressed on it again, making her squirm as she faded into unconsciousness.

He caught her before she fell back, and picked her up bridal style as he adjusted her to where her head was back on the soft pillow.

He brought up the warm silk sheets and dark duvets up to her shoulders, making sure she didn't get cold since she was still in her short clothing.

He kissed her forehead tenderly before observing her graceful and innocent sleeping form and closing the door softly, leaving her alone and asleep in the large room.

When he closed the door he walked up to Clara.

She was one of the few people he trusted fully. She was like a warm-motherly figure he never had. She worked for him but it didn't feel like a job to either of them.

She was his cook and housekeeper... and sometimes his doctor for when he had a few minor injuries that weren't serious enough to go to his actual private doctor.