Mind Maze

It's dark. I can't see. Where am I? The girl looked around, the dark seeming to stick to her. She took a few steps forward, stopping as she heard something shift over the echo of her footsteps. "Hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper. Probably just imagined it. The girl thought. She took a few more steps forward, and the shuffling was audible again. Someone has to be here... who's there? Where are they? The girl continued forward, her steps slowly speeding up. The shuffling continued on even after she stopped this time, and the girl broke into a run. Terror blossomed in her chest as the shuffling seemed to be getting gradually louder despite her speed. The shuffling was everywhere. She couldn't tell where it was coming from. "Who's there?" The girl said, louder this time as she came to a stop. The shuffling came to an abrupt halt as she spoke and the girl was thrown back into silence. The terror faded, only to be replaced by anxiety. It crept into her limbs, pushing her into a state of paralysis. Everything seemed heavy and the girl felt something about her surroundings change. Wherever she was, it seemed to get bigger, stretching on for miles. She felt eyes start beating down on her from somewhere in the room. Her legs felt like concrete as she tried turning to see who or what was watching her. When she finally turned, the eyes had moved elsewhere. The girl suddenly felt something else about the room change. A light. There's a lamp somewhere. I'll be able to see what's watching me. I'll be able to relax and find a way out of here. The girl felt her legs get lighter as she started walking around again, looking for the lamp that would help her out of the dark. She felt a rush of anxiety as the eyes felt closer... more terrifying than before. She stopped, and the eyes seemed to fade away, watching her as they went. The girl started moving again, and the eyes followed, closing in as she went. They're everywhere. The girl thought as terror seeped through her again, pushing her forward faster and faster. "Who's there!?" The girl cried. No response. Again, the girl cried out, looking, waiting, hoping someone would respond. The girl ran and ran for what felt like hours, never getting a response as she cried and shrieked for someone to respond. The eyes were so close now she felt like she could touch them. The blackness went on forever, and the girl couldn't tell which way was which anymore. I must be going in circles! I'm getting nowhere! The girl continued to run. Suddenly, she knew where the lamp was. She didn't know how she knew, but she turned around and ran towards it, faster and faster. Almost there... almost. Her lungs burned and she felt something creeping closer, slowly gaining. She reached out her hand, feeling the light within her reach, and...