My Crazy Wedding Story Contest

Should she be wearing red or black? Or white, perhaps to appear more sombre? Should she be carrying flowers or champagne or just a traditional envelope of cash? Should she expect food or would there just be drinks and snacks? Would there be music and dancing or would there be hushed conversations in a corner? Would they all look at her and wonder what she was doing there? Or would she be the least of the oddities around? 

Well one thing was for certain- this wedding was going to be the strangest one of her life!

***

Prompt: Based on the paragraph above written by the author, write your own version of what would happen next in 350 words

Word limit: 350 words (max)

Deadline: 21st October

Submission process: Submit your entries in the comments of this chapter

1 winner will get a copy of the book 'My Best Friend's Son's Wedding' by Zarreen Khan

***

About the book

Minty Sood is the toast of the town! A well-known face in Delhi's elite society, she's single, beautiful and looks nothing like her age – in fact, nobody would believe that she has a twenty-two-year-old son! Often at the receiving end of many eligible proposals, Minty has even zeroed in on The One.

Puneet Bhalla is suave, wealthy and wants to marry Minty. So, of course, she accepts ...

... 24 hours before her son proposes to his girlfriend!

Now Minty has to switch gears from bride-to-be to mother-in-law-to-be, which is awkward enough to begin with, but there's also the intimidating mother of her son's fiancé, a secret love affair and a crazy best friend to deal with.

From the bestselling author of Koi Good News? comes a rib-tickling novel about family, friends and not one but two big fat Indian weddings!

***

About the Author

After working for Pepsi, Hindustan Times and ACNielsen for ten years, Zarreen Khan decided to take a break and raise two children, who are sometimes kind enough to let her role-play as a marketing consultant. She lives in Delhi with her husband. My Best Friend's Son's Wedding is her third book.