The Ring

"I'd like to take you on a date today", Yoongi suddenly said from the other side of the room, which made me look up from my book.
There wasn't really a special reason or occasion for him to say that. It wasn't our anniversary, it wasn't Valentines Day, or any other Holiday, and it wasn't my birthday either. It was just a sunday like any other. But that was okay, Yoongi had never needed a reason to take me out on a date - in the almost 4 years we've been dating, he never stopped being a sappy romantic. My friends would always look at me like i'm crazy, because they thought there was no way that Yoongi, the cranky guy who never really talked much when we all hung out, Yoongi who would let out sarcastic comments at any given moment, Yoongi, who seemed like he didn't really care much about anything would be a hopeless romantic.

And maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was like that because it was me - but I didn't dare tell that anyone. I felt way too full of myself even thinking that for more than a minute.

Yoongi was just a hopeless romantic.
And I would never say no to a date with him.

"Sure, I'd love that, but can we be home by 10? Jungkook wants to meet for breakfast tomorrow, and you know how early his work starts."

At that, my boyfriend nodded, and just told me to be dressed by 5.

At 5 o'clock sharp - funnily enough, Yoongi wasn't a very punctual person, unless it came to dates with me. For those he was never a minute late - we left our apartment and drove to my favourite restaurant. I couldn't help grinning when he parked the car in front of it and got out fast, almost tripping, just to open the passenger door for me.
What a sap.

The dinner was amazing, of course, since it was my favourite restaurant and my favourite person, there was no way it wouldn't be perfect.

After we were done eating, Yoongi said that he wanted to take a walk, so I was a little confused when he took me back to our car.

"We're not going to take a walk in the park here?"

At that, my partner just shook his head and told me to wait and see.

After about half an hour we stopped driving and came to a stop in front of a park - well, not any park, this park was one of my favourite places, since you only had to walk 10 minutes to a little lake, from where you could see loads of pretty stars.

And, of course, that was where Yoongi took me. We sat down and I looked up at the sky, while playing with the fingers of Yoongis right hand, which was entangled with my left one.

This was perfect. He just knew how to make me happy.

"Jimin."

With a smile on my lips I turned my eyes away from the starry sky and to the man next to me, and what I saw knocked the breath out of me lungs.

He was looking at me, his eyes were nervous, but determined, i felt his hand move in mine, like he tried to find some reassurance there, and he bit his lip, which he always did when he was nervous.

But these things weren't why I was shocked.

In his left hand, he held something towards me.

Small, silver, ringlike. No. Not ringlike. A ring. A ring.

"Jimin... would you..."
He took a deep breath.
"Jimin, please marry me."

Without hesitation I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me to crash our lips together. I threw myself on top on him in excitement and didn't stop kissing him over and over again, until we were both breathing heavily into each others mouths.

"Yes! Of course! Yes, yes, yes!", I tried to shout, but it sounded more like a whisper through my shaky breaths and sobs.

When did I start crying?