Mary Smiled

Mary watched as the man poured her coffee. Mary didn't understand why she was the one he chose, why her? She's not the prettiest person, nor is she the easiest to grab, why?
She had just gotten out of school. Kelly, one of the popular girls, was walking in front of Mary, with a heavy backpack in tow, when the ominous van had come up behind her. A man had jumped out and grabbed her, pulling Mary into the van. Kelly didn't even get off her phone when the van sped past.
The thud of the coffee mug pulled her from her thought. Mary sat in a dingy kitchen that connected the rest of the room he had brought her too.
The man had placed a cup in front of her. Mary shook her head, She wasn't going to drink it. He sighed,
"Would you like to watch T.V?" her asked, his voice sickenly sweet. She nodded her head. She could watch the news, see if anyone had reported her missing.
The man smiled and pulled her into the living room, turning on the old-style T.V., the kind with the huge backs. It turned on and started to play what I can assume was a children's cartoon. Happy music played as the feeling of dread kicked in, Mary needed to do something.
After she had been sat down the man went back into the kitchen and started to rummage through the cabinets. He made sounds of disappointment, what could he be sad about. Finally, the man gave up on looking in the cabinets and moved back into the room Mary was in.
"I'm going to get some food," he told her, "Don't try anything. I fixed the door so only I can get in and there is nothing for miles.". Mary looked down and nodded. He hummed in approval, patting her head. As soon as he had left she got to work.
The T.V was right by the door, still playing the kid's show. She made her way into the kitchen and grabbed a chair. Pulling to the door, Mary pushed it under the knob. Then, she stood to the side of it and waited for the man to come back.
It had been hours when the door finally started to try to open. She could hear the man yelling from outside, but Mary ignored it. He started to throw himself into the door. And after a while the door came flying open, it's hinges screeching. When the man fell to the floor she did it.
She pushed to T.V right on to the man's head. The side of it came down with a crash, and the man's head crunched under the weight of the T.V., it somehow still played the kids' program. She stepped down and looked at what she had done. Mary turned off the TV and smiled.