Nightmares

"It's okay. I couldn't sleep anyways," Timmy said through the phone.

I woke up in sweat. I had just had a nightmare. And lately, they've been more and more common. And when this happens, I can barely sleep afterwards.

Me and Timmy lived at different houses. So I know he really cares about me whenever he comes to my house at 4 in the morning whenever I have these nightmares.

I have a feeling that these night terrors is just my body telling me I'm too stressed or I'm just watching too many horror movies. What can I say? I've always enjoyed them.

"Please, Tim. I can't sleep. I need you here."

"I'm on my way."

I smiled to myself. But at the same time, I felt extremely guilty. I was waking him up from a nice sleep even though he told me he couldn't sleep; I knew it was a lie.

I was genuinely terrified. These nightmares have been going on for months. And I've tried to avoid calling Tim but I just can't help myself. He always makes me feel better after. He sleeps with me and makes me feel safer and then in the morning, he makes coffee for me.

And that's how it usually went. He would take care of me when I'm struggling. And I would cook for him.

I heard a car come up my driveway. I cautiously got out of bed to check the window; making sure that there is no monster under my bed that can grab my ankles as I'm hopping off the bed. Ive had that fear since I was 8.

Soon enough, I heard a knock on my front door. I turned on all the lights in the house. I once read in a book when I was 6 that monsters are scared of the light so there ya have it.

I opened the door and there he was. In all his glory and dark under eyes, there was Timothée. He looked exhausted. His hair was everywhere and he was still in pjs. But so was I. I told him to come in and I gave him a big kiss of gratitude. I was grateful to have him so close to me.

We eventually went back up to the bedroom and cuddled in bed. I still had goosebumps from the dream. But they slowly went away as he brushed my hair with his palms as I nuzzled my face into his chest.

"I'm scared Tim."
"It's okay. Ive got you."

We stayed there for a minute, sharing our love for each other. This is what I've always wanted ever since I watched the notebook when I was 13. This is what I envisioned my life to be like.

"I love you," I said under the sheets.
"I love you more."