Chapter 1: The County Fair

It was the summer of 1953 in the country of Meralia, and the people of Lewisburg were getting hyped up for the annual county fair. Michael and his friends were excited to spend one night there to enjoy the rides, food, games, and the new social interactions that they could possibly make there. For Michael Mulligan, this would be a special night that he wouldn't forget.

Michael and his group of friends brought twelve Rivna with them, six of which would be spent on the county fair tickets, which were worth a Rivna each. The other six would be spent on rides, food, games, and pictures. During this time, six Rivna was worth a lot of money, since ten copecks would be enough to buy a hotdog. The boys decided to go on some rides first since they figured that they would vomit if they ate first.

"Yo guys, so what ride are we going to go on first?" Sean asked the group.

"Let's try the carousel first. I want this to be an easy start," Michael replied.

Neil Horan thought that Michael's idea was stupid. He retorted, "The carousel? Oh come on, are you kidding me? Those are for little children, and we are all 14 years old. We're too old to ride that, and if we do everyone will laugh at us."

Benny Bergmann and Kerry Callaghan were snickering at the idea of the entire gang riding the carousel.

"I say we ride the bumper cars. That ride looks appropriate for our age," Benny suggested.

"Yeah, let's do it," Kenny added.

"I'm in," said Jerry Haufmann.

Michael simply stated, "Ok."

The group was wondering how to pay for the rides. Sean asked, "So, who's going to pay for the ride? It's worth ten copecks for each person."

Everyone decided to pay for the rides at their own expense.

The bumper car ride lasted for about ten minutes. Michael tried to defend his car from the other players while Sean aggressively went after the others, including Michael. When the ride was over, all of them were planning for their next ride.

"Man, that was a good ride!" Sean Pearson exclaimed. "What ride are we going to next?"

"Let's try the flying scooters ride this time," Benny suggested.

Michael asked, "Everyone is going to pay for it themselves?"

"Yes," Sean replied. "Since there are only eight spots available per turn, it looks like two of us are going to go first while the rest of us are going to go last."

There were six people in front of Michael and his friends. Sean and Neil went first while Michael and the other three went last. Each turn lasted for about ten minutes like the last ride.

Sean enjoyed the ride and thought that it was cool. Michael however, felt somewhat terrified for ten minutes straight as he was strapped on the little scooter. Michael had always wanted to go on the Ferris wheel, and so he decided to ask his friends if they could go with him as well once the group regrouped after the end of the ride.

"Can we go on the Ferris wheel?" Michael asked.

"Lol no. I am going to fall asleep on that ride," Sean replied.

Kenny replied, "That ride is boring."

Michael pleaded, "Oh come on guys, we can see what the fair looks like from the top of the Ferris wheel!"

"If you want to see the top, you can go with us on the gyro drop ride," Sean replied.

"Seriously, you want to go on that ride? What if you fall from that?"