the ceremony

its may 1st, may day in some parts, but here, its more. today is the ceremony of the yapep, young adult psychological experimental practice. basically, long story short, the boss himself shall pick 5 names from a jar, 3 girls, and 2 boys. all between the ages of 14 and 18. these teenagers will be chosen for governmental experiments. only reason people are letting this go ahead is cause, well, people are broke, our city never recovered from the recession from a couple of years back. the families of those who are chosen will be given 500 shillings, thats a lot. people here will do anything for money at this stage, even if it  means risking their own children. 

its 12pm, and the whole city is at st rosaline park. children and parents are dressed their best in hope of being in the papers. theres huge crowds. tens upon hundreds of people, maybe even thousands. all goes silent as the boss comes out. nobody knows his real name, but he insists we call him the boss. a tall lean man with a round belly, with hair as white as snow and a face as red as fire. he stands at the podium and taps on the microphone. a large thud comes from around. "welcome citizens, to the first annual young adult psychological experimental practice ceremony" says a loud raspy voice coming from the man. people begin to cheer. " for all those whom are anxious, dont be", he begins to take the microphone off of the stands and walks around the stage, " this is completely safe, and beneficial for our understanding of the young adult minds of this citizenship. we are eager to learn more by using our own citizens. we shall begin the ceremony". a group of small women in matching lingerie walk out with a big jar on a table filled up with scrunched up pieces of paper. " we shall begin with the boys" says the boss. he proceeds to pick 2 pieces of paper from the jar. walking back over to the podium with a firm grasp of the 2 microscopic pieces. " lets see whom shall be going us in this years yapep".

 he begins to open both pieces of paper carefully and places them flat on  the podium. " dylan johnston and harry benson" . everybody looks around to try and find the boys. " dylan johnston and harry benson , please raise your hands" says the boss. the two boys proceed to raise their hands. two of the women in lingerie leave the stage to get the boys. as the boys enter the stage, people begin to cheer. " boys, its a pleasure, please tell us about yourselves before we proceed with the girls" says the boss in an interested tone of voice. a tall muscular boy with chocolate brown hair and sharp green eyes walks to the podium, and begins to speak into the microphone. "hi, im dylan, i am 17 years old. emm, i play basketball and soccer, im a junior in our finding fathers high school, and yeah, cant wait for this experience with yapep". the crowd begins to cheer , dylan dylan dylan, dylan walks over to the boss and shakes his hand. then, a boy of average height and short black hair and piercing brown eyes walks over to the identical spot and the the crowd went silent. "hi, im harry, im 14 and im a freshman in our founding fathers high school. i like video games and engineering, ye cant wait for this thing, dont really know what it is, but i guess im doing it" says the boy. the crowd proceeds to cheer his name and follows an identical track of dylan and shaking the bosses hand. the boss then walks back over to the podium with an eerie smile on his face, "lets do the girls now" he says

he, again proceeded to grab 3 pieces of paper from the large jar. he walks back over to the podium and says loudly into the microphone, " sara villing, renee olsen and gia friar. where are you ladies" announced the boss. two of the girls waltzed up to the stage, whilst one was fighting to get away. kicking and screaming "no, dont make me go". she eventually arrives on stage with the help of 2 body guards holding an arm each. "why dont you ladies tell us a bit about yourselves" added the boss. a small slender girl with wavy ginger hair and eyes as blue as the ocean and freckles like stars in the sky walks up to the podium. "hi, im sara, im 15 and im a sophomore in our founding fathers high school. i like art and music. i play the ukulele and the trumpet, and im so honored to be chosen for this years yapep" she says. she then smiles and walks over to the boss and shakes his hand. as shes walking along another girl walks up to the podium. shes the stereotypical blonde girl with blue eyes and perfectly symmetrical facial features. "hey everyone, im renee, i am 16 years old and im a junior in our finding fathers high school. i like social media cause like i have 170000 followers and im also the captain of both the competitive cheer team and the track team and also last years homecoming queen. and i cant wait for this fantastic experience to proceed for a huge new number of followers, so ye if youre not following me already, do it now". she flips her hair behind her shoulder and struts to the boss and shakes his hand. the 2 bodyguards drag her over to the podium as she tries to wriggle out the boss stares in disgust. with the girl throwing herself around the place like a fish out of water. "whats your name my dear child" shouted the boss. "gia" scoffs the girl. "and how old are you gia" shouts the boss again but in a softer tone of voice. " 14, im 14 ok" continued the girl. " and what do you like to do gia" continues the boss. gia looks at the floor. "speak girl" demanded the boss. gia jumps out of her skin, "school, i like school, i like science and math and foreign languages" shouts back gia. "and what languages do you speak gia" sniggered the boss. "english, german, french, spainish, latin and mandarin" continued gia. "very nice" says the boss. 

the boss calls all of the teenagers to join him at the podium. " these are this years yapep team, thank you all for coming and you all may return to your duties" spoke the boss. about 100 people with cameras and microphones run to the stage taking pictures and asking questions. the women in lingerie proceed to bring them behind the stage to a long black limo. the teens are shocked, gob smacked, all of their mouths hanging open. "well dont just stand there, come in, enjoy the ride" says the boss. the teens quickly scramble into the back of the car and close the door with a large thud.