That night

Jianyi sat hunched over his desk with his head resting on his arms. He had spent the whole day thinking about the way Zhan Zhengxi had tenderly kissed his forehead the night Jianyi had confessed to him. It had been so surprising, but comforting. His warm lips had soothed his clammy, cold, shaking body. He thought about that night often eventhough it had been a while ago at this point. Jianyi loved remembering how his bestfriend had guided him back to the room and climbed into bed, patting his side for him to get in. When he saw that Jianyi was still too shakey to move, he lifted the sheets and stared at him softly until Jianyi felt it was truly ok to sleep next to him.

It had all felt like a dream, and the fact that Zhan Zhengxi hadn't harshly pushed or punched him away like he once did had been a big relief. No he hadn't done that, in fact now they were both closer than they had ever been before. Zhan Zhengxi was protective of him, and was always there to take care of his bestfriend. Whenever he had a sniffle, Zhan was there with a tissue and a bag full of medicine to help him get better. They shared many tender smiles, late-night texts wishing each other a goodnight, they even held hands while walking through the park.

Those sweet moments danced in his head until they sank into reality which made Jianyi groan into his hands. What were they?! Zhan Zhengxi had only said "I know"as a response to his confession of strong feelings towards him. Sure they had gotten closer, but was Zhan just trying to be careful as to not hurt his bestfriend's feelings, or did he like him too? The thought of asking Zhan Zhengxi to find out made his heart beat too fast, so all Jianyi could do was restlessly ponder this question.

"Idiot Jianyi the bell rang, school's over. Let's go"

Jianyi shot his head up at the sound of his bestfriend's voice, and around them he saw that most of the class had already left.

"Ah Zhanxixi! Guess I didn't hear it." He received a slap to the head.

"Do your ears not work? What were you thinking of anyways that made you space out so much?"

"Nothing... just thinking of a sad little radish man that doesn't know how to get to his little radish house." Another slap to the head.

"Dumb Jian, come on, I'll treat you to some ramen since you were too spaced out to eat lunch."

With a sparkle in his eye, Jianyi attacked Zhan Zhengxi with a hug. "ZHANXIXI I ACCEPT THIS DATE"

Zhan Zhengxi didn't say anything, nor did he push Jianyi off. The two boys made their way outside the school, and headed towards the ramen shop. Zhan Zhengxi listened to Jianyi's random ramblings most of the way there. At one point he asked him if he needed to borrow his class notes because he noticed that Jian had been with his head in the clouds all day, to which Jianyi responded by attacking him with another hug as a thank you for being so considerate of him. He thought he saw a faint blush color Zhan's face for a second.
_______________
After they had finished their meals, Zhan Zhengxi invited Jianyi over to play videogames seeing as his family weren't getting home until late, and it was a Friday, they didn't have to get up early the next day for school.
_______________

"Jianyi will you ever learn how to do anything else other than smash the buttons hoping you'll win!" Zhan yelled. They were currently playing a fighting game out in the living room couch, and Zhan Zhengxi had currently won for the fifth time in a row.

"Sorry Xixi, my fingers can't remember the button sequences"

"Well it's not your fingers that need to learn them first, it's your dumb brain" He poked Jianyi's temple.

Jianyi rubbed the spot on his head. "...well my brain has remembered them, it's really just these fingers that can't do it. I need help Zhanxixi." He dropped his controller on his lap and held up his hands in front of Zhan Zhengxi's face, while he put on a pout.