Chapter 1

Sara wouldn't exactly consider herself "child friendly"she wouldn't even call herself "adult friendly" but that was all about to change the day Rip dumped them back in 2016.

He didn't even ask if they wanted to go home, he practically told them "your no use to me piss off" Sara knew that wasn't what he was trying to do but it came across that way.

As she walked off Ray called after her, "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Home!" She stalked off, there was no point in wallowing waiting for Rip to come back when she knew he wouldn't. Not unless they forced him back using Ray's device he made in the 50's, she decided it wouldn't be worth the wait and probably wouldn't work.

She arrived at the arrow cave, a small figure ran towards her crying, "Hey, Sammy, what's wrong?" Sara asked.

"it's mummy," he sobbed.

"What's wrong with you mummy?" Sara asked. The kid couldn't bring himself to tell his aunt his mother and her sister were dead.

He'd been staying with Felicity while they waited for Sara to get back. Felicity looked sad and Sara instantly knew something had happened to Laurel. She picked up her nephew and he rested his head on her shoulder and sobbed, she stroked his hair and walked up Felicity, "What happened?" She asked seriously.

"Sara..." Felicity trailed off.

"Tell me."

"It's Laurel." Sara took deep breathes and held Laurel's son tighter, he hugged her too knowing she needed the support from what she was about to hear.

"Fliss," Sara looked at her dead in the eye and Felicity let out a tear.

"No," she said.

"I'm sorry," Felicity said bringing them both into a well needed hug.

Sara didn't cry, she just held Sammy and Felicity tighter, she felt as though her heart had just been torn out, her sister meant everything to her and she couldn't think she could live without her.

"Was it fast?" Sara asked hugging the boy who was sobbing in her arms still.

"No."

"What happened?"

"Sara..."

"Please Fliss.... I need to know," Sara stuttered.

"Dahrk, he broke out of prison... they all went to stop him... but Laurel... he stabbed her with one of Oliver's arrows. He rushed her to hospital, she made it through surgery, she knew she was going to die, she told me to tell you two things." Felicity explained.

"What?" Sara asked, her heart broke knowing her sisters death was slow and painful.

"She told me to tell me to tell you she loved you and told me to tell you to not feel guilty about her death because she knows you will." Felicity tells her.

Sara almost let out a tear but she had to stay strong for Sammy, she could cry on her own. She thought. She knew it wasn't healthy for her but she had other things on her mind.

Rip dropped them off five months later, why? Sara then had a realisation. He knew.

"Sara," Felicity's words cut through her train of thoughts.

"Huh."

"I said are you listening to me?"

"Yeah sorry, I got up to the part where you said Laurel thought I would feel guilty," Sara sighed.

"And do you?" She asked.

"I'm not discussing feelings." Sara said bluntly. She noticed the boys sobs and stopped and he was breathing heavily.

"Okay," Felicity threw her hands up in defeat.

"What was the other thing?" Sara asked already having a pretty good idea it involved the young child on her shoulder coming to live with her.

Laurel trusted very few people to look after him, she had made enemies and Sara was the only one she trusted fully with him, her dad had always been number 2 to call incase Sara was busy, or dead. But Sammy loved his aunt the most, Sara knew Laurel didn't understand her connection with him, if Sara was honest she didn't understand it either.

"Sara, she wants you to take care of him, look after him, be there for him when he needs you. She knows about your past and she told me and everyone else in the room that she wanted it to be you and told us that you will be best suited to look after him." Felicity rambled, Sara just wanted to get this speech over with.

"I'll do it."

"You will?" Felicity asked a little surprised.

"Don't be so surprised, he's my nephew, my favourite nephew," Sara still held him in her arms not ready to let go.    

"Sara he's your only nephew."

"Therefore my favourite."

Felicity rolled her eyes, "you should get him to wherever your staying and let him sleep, it looks like you need it too."

"Yeah." She says turning to grab her phone and wallet.

She somehow grabs them with the sleeping boy in her arms not waking him, Felicity wondered how she did it so perfectly, then she remembered she's an assassin and can be so gentle and quite.

Sammy took away her anger, like Laurel. Just by looking at him she felt calmer, even now knowing Rip knew her sister was going to die the little boy in her arms made her calmer. She was angry, very angry, but she could keep a handle on it as long as he was there