1.

Year 1

Dear Diary,

Or notebook. Or journal. I absolutely have no idea what I'm going to call you in the next 7 years, but we'll get to it when the time comes.

Aunt Mumsy gave Draco and I journals for our first year at Hogwarts- I don't think Draco will use his. He said 'Thank You', but once he got to his room he tossed it aside.

I, for once, am going to write absolutely everything in this notebook! So that maybe my child - if I ever have one - can read all about me.

I'm in the train on the way to Hogwarts right now. As we speak, Draco is making fun of me write. He's just mad he doesn't know how to spell his middle name.

We're sitting with two other people in the compartment right now.

Blaise Zabini - a really nice lad.

Lucille Granger - a really pretty girl.

Lucille got lost looking for her sister so I suggested that she sit with us.

Draco doesn't like her. He called her the m-word and I could tell that it made her tear up a little bit. If only I could tell her that I don't care about blood purity like my cousin does.

Lord, Draco doesn't know we're cousins yet. I don't think Mumsy plans on telling him anytime soon- it's too much.

I think I'm going to be sorted into Ravenclaw. I'm smart! Extraordinary! I'm absolutely wicked!

I don't really want to be sorted into Slytherin. My father is a Slytherin. So was my mum.

I don't think I want to become my parents.

Especially my mum.

Blaise just asked me what I was writing. I told him I'm just jotting down thoughts, in which I am.

'Like a diary?' the brown-haired witch said.

I nodded at her and smiled. And she smiled back.

Lucille has beautiful emerald green eyes - Diary, if you could see them you'd be in awe, too.

I've never actually met, or befriend, someone with green eyes like Lucille does.

She hasn't really spoken as much.

Draco keeps giving her rude stares and scoffs at anytime she joins in the conversation.

Y'know sometimes I wish I could just kick him in his shins and then maybe he'll learn his lesson.

Aw man, I got candy residue on this page of the journal. The sweets cart just came and I couldn't resist chocolate frogs. Now I have chocolate residue on this page.

Oh well.

I currently have nothing to write anymore. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Love,

Lorenzo Charles Berkshire