Meeting The Family - 1/2

Narrative: Peter convinces Michelle to introduce him to her family, but he soon realizes her life isn't as simple as he assumed.

It may be a little sad on Michelle's part. Not canon compliant as more so adjacent.

__________________

"C'mon Michelle," Peter pleaded. Although, said girl remained resilient—no matter how irresistible his puppy eyes were.

They were sitting down on a bench at a neighborhood park with an ice cream in hand, enjoying one of their more casual dates. It was probably the only normal part of their lives nowadays. Peter continued to prod as he finished the last of his cone in one bite, "Why not?" Michelle couldn't help but laugh in amusement at his child like insistence and the bit of ice cream that landed on the corner of his mouth. Still she shook her head, indicating that she wasn't giving in just yet.

"You're such a loser," she teased, wiping off the mess from his face. Then with a bit of hesitation, she leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek. Michelle was never too fond of displays of affection, but the moment seemed right and the park was quite empty so far. Peter scoffed at her tactful way of avoiding the topic and retorted, "Takes one to know one." She stuck her tongue out at him, turning away with a sly smile.

"No but seriously," he said grabbing her attention once more, "Why not? I just want to meet your family. I want to know what Michelle Jones was like over the years."

Michelle sighed, "I know we're really getting into this relationship—it's been what, a year and a half now—and I really appreciate you wanting to get to know me even more. It's just... there are certain waters you shouldn't tread on, and my family is part of that. I'm really sorry." She turned her head down, unable to face him and really explain the situation.

But Peter could detect the truth and genuine sadness in her words and let his hand lifted her chin back up for her to meet his eyes. "It's okay. I should be the one saying sorry. I shouldn't have kept on pushing this. It's not right to force you into doing things you're not comfortable with. Whatever and whenever you decide, I'll gladly accept your choice."

A small lopsided smile appeared on Michelle's lips. How did she ever get the chance to have such a patient and caring boyfriend like Peter? "Thank you. I think I kind of understand your point. This is really important for me too. I want you to be able to meet them, it's just I'm not sure about them. They're not exactly what you'd imagine. But, I don't know, maybe someday you will." She was sort of lying, avoiding the truth of her family's issues, but she didn't want Peter to worry.

"And I'll wait until that time comes," he promised. "Plus, they can't be that bad. Right?" Yet Michelle's expression held grim and a thought bubbled over her.

No... they're much, much worse.

oOo

The next few weeks, Michelle decided to think it through. She knew it was finally time to let her walls down for Peter. Maybe meeting her family was what she needed for him to really understand her. So on the third week, Michelle bravely invited Peter to her apartment for dinner the following Saturday. Resulting in Peter cheering in response and kissing her on the cheek to which she smiled and called him ridiculous.

Now, here they were, making they're way through her crummy neighborhood in a not so appealing area of Queens. Not that there's a lot of good ones in truth. As they continued making their way down the vicinity, a black cat appeared out of nowhere surprising them. Michelle stepped back a bit and accidentally tripped, falling right into Peter's arms.