17

Yona woke up feeling absolutely guilty. She had nothing to feel guilty about but she felt the need to. Hak was spending the night for a while since his old man's family house needed renovations. She helped him out, what is there to feel bad about?

She got out of her very, fluffy bed and scratched the scalp of her head.

"What am I doing?" Was a question Yona asked herself everyday. She was a history teacher at Kouka high school with others she befriended on the way. She wondered if her father understood why a trust fund baby like her wanted to work at a public school like she was. "As if."

"Princess! I'm using the bathroom to shave for a moment." Hak shouted from a few rooms down. Yona's three bedroom apartment was humble, to say the least. It was afforded nicely and decorated with furniture that screamed "crash at my place since it's the closest from the bar." Yes, messy from her coworkers who picked out their own rooms.

"Okay!" Yona yelled back. She realized that if she doesn't pick out her outfit she won't have the time to shower and dry her hair afterwards. Yona walked to her closet and looked at the side filled with work clothes. There were pencil skirts, blouses, her most comfortable pants, and more.

Digging around she found her most favorite plaid dress back in the day. Excited, Yona pulled it out and thought of the memories she had the years back. Hook-ups, late night drive-thrus, and even small childish break-ups. She slipped her sleepwear off and looked inside for her cutest bra and panty set to put on. She pulled the dress hanger off and tried to slip on the dress over her head. It didn't work. Remembering the mostly unused zipper on the side, she unzipped it and tried again. Nope.

She sighed. Putting the dress under her she slid the dress on until it hit her thighs and stopped. She pulled a little but the waist was too tight.

Looking up from the dress around her knees to her full view mirror. The sight was... ugly. Her thighs were pressed together, stomach curved in the front, and it looked like signs of stretch marks forming on her hips.

"What the hell? I'm 24...?" Was that a good excuse? Yona slowly went over to her bed and bent down to look under it. She looked over a few containers until she found her old scale she used when she did archery. Pulling it out, she looked at the screen as it showed zero for now. Stepping out into it, she almost didn't want to look. She was about 123 averagely in high school and even really early 20's.

She grew around two inches so a few extra pounds- she looked down. The number '139' sat comfortably in the scale seemingly glaring back at her.

"S- seventeen pounds?" Now, normally, Yona wasn't really the type to complain. Yet, the hidden self Consciousness started overwork on her brain.

"Was I always this big? Did people ever see my stomach at work or when I went out? How long have I looked like this?" Yona was fretting. Stressing. Disgusted. She thought about all the moments her shirt might've ran up, when she sat down or relaxed at work, even when she sat in ex's laps. "How many times did I gain these few years? Should I start keeping track of this?" Yona didn't worry about getting ready for work but getting a diet done in her head. Every time she got coffee or ate out smacked her face in.

She didn't notice when small tears crept in her eyes. She peeled the dress from down her legs and looked back under her bed. Old boxes filled with other, tragic clothing haunted her.

"I wouldn't be able to fill half my wardrobe?" She spoke out loud this time. She looked back at the mirror. She had gotten herself this underwear set because she thought it looked nice. The feeling of feeling secretly sexy and cute now turned the faucet more. Work. The faucet turned more thinking how people would turn and look if she was to wear any of her tighter clothes.