07.

Teigan Harmoni Jordan
Friday, 8:10 PM.

"That car been following us for awhile now." I frowned looking in the rear view mirror.

"That red one?"

"Yea."

"Watch this." He reached in the arm rest .

He took two lefts then two rights and ended up on some long dark road and the car was right there still following causing me to get scared.

"Im finna pull over." He mumbled as he slowed down and so did the car.

"Why you-"

"Here." He passed the gun . "Shoot if you see a gun."

We got out the car and a white man got out the car with a gun, Duke shot him quickly, the man shot back and I shot once before he fell and we ran back to the car pulling off .

I sat there in shock trying to get my thoughts together.

"It was either us or him."

"But what? Where ? How did he know?"

"I don't know, that's why we finna leave to another state, we ain't safe here no more."

I looked at the gun as my hand shook and he grabbed it from me putting it in the back seat.

"If you woulda shot me we woulda had some problems."

"I wasn't gonna shoot you." I mumbled looking ahead.

"You scared or some?"

"Duh." I snapped. "I just shot somebody, he's dead, I'm not like that, you coulda did that yourself!"

"Woah calm down." He held his hands up in surrender. "I coulda did it myself but what if it was more than one of them? Who you think I am Tony Montana?"

"You better learn how to dip and dodge them bullets cause I'm not Bonnie."

"Oh so you tryna be funny." He chuckled. "You can be my Bonnie."

"No I can't." I shook my head. "I have a heart."

"I do too." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"No you don't, you kill people so how do you have a heart?"

"I-"

"Right."

He sucked his teeth, "You ain't even let me talk, I don't just kill people, if they try to kill me then that's why they get killed. It's called self defense."

"So I'm guessing your cousin tried to kill you?"

"I don't wanna talk about that."

"Right."

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet now?"