The beginning of the rise

Note from Author: Hi guys. Its my first book here so if you guys could tell me the parts where I could change a little, I'd appreciate it. Also there's a lot of stuff that's gonna be revealed in the second book so if you wanna know, you gotta wait. Hope you enjoy
________________________________________________________________________________

Please stop,' begged Ash, 'leave me alone!'

'Since when did we do what you told us to?' said the biggest boy in the group whose name was Dylan. 'Let's get him.'

With that, the gang of 6 boys surrounded Ash. Hopelessly outnumbered, he tried to escape. He tried to run into Dylan but he was caught and was pushed back.

'Today I'm feeling happy. I'll use my magic.' said Dylan

Having said that, they started beating Ash. They used magic on him, kicked him, punched him and hurt Ash so badly, that he needed to go to a hospital, but being an orphan had left he very limited options. After the boys had beaten up Ash and had left, he cursed nobles then got up weakly to his feet and fell down immediately. They had broken his legs. Both his legs. So dragging his feet across the dirt, Ash went to his home in the junkyard.

'Home' wasn't really the word to be used. His shelter was a cluster of tin cans and whatnot stacked on top of each other. The entrance was big enough for Ash to enter. He would've slept on the roads and he preferred to sleep there but the rain always prevented him. But today, Ash felt like sleeping in the tin house. He wanted to feel safe today. He laid down and tried to sleep but the pain in his legs were more painful than hot iron being pressed against his chest (he knew how that felt. He had been punished like that once).

Finally, when the pain became unbearable, Ash decided he would kill himself. Near his home, there was a stream. Ash decided to drown himself. He'd tried to kill himself before too, but someone always stopped him. It was as if the World wanted him to feel more pain than he already had.

Ash dragged himself towards the stream. He somehow climbed over the railing and positioned himself over the deepest part of the stream. He muttered to himself, 'Wait for me mother. I am coming.' With that, he jumped.

Midway, Ash realized he was floating. Someone was using Wing magic to keep him aloft. He looked at the banks of the stream and saw an old woman standing there, her hand outstretched. She had grey hair, withered skin and blood-red eyes. She was hunched and had a wheelchair with her. She pulled her hand back and Ash floated towards her. When he'd reach the banks, the old lady said, 'Child you mustn't kill yourself yet. You are needed by the World.' Her voice was sweet as honey.

'Why would the World need a good-for-nothing boy like me?' asked Ash, 'I don't want to be a punching bag for the World anymore.' 

'You are not a punching bag, Ash. You will understand as you grow older. For now, come with me, 'said the old lady.

Ash then realized that the wheelchair was for him, not for the old lady. He got on and before they could start to go towards the old lady's house, Ash asked, 'How do you know my name?'

'I have. . . ways to find out,' said the old lady.

'What should I call you?' asked Ash.

'Just call me Helen, 'answered the old lady.

With that, they set off to the old lady's house. It took them a while to get there but eventually they arrived.

The house was cozy. It had ceiling lights hanging over the dining table which was in front of the door. Towards the left was the living room with 2 couches facing the widow. On the window sill, was the television. Towards his right was the kitchen with many utensils on the sink. Just beside the dinner table was a staircase which led to 3 rooms which Ash couldn't see.