Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo

Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo is a Canada-based medical professional specializing in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. Over the years, he has built an excellent professional portfolio by working for some of the leading hospitals around the world and treating numerous patients successfully. He embarked on his professional journey as a Medical Officer (General Medicine) at the Catholic Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria in the year 1984. Here, he reported directly to the Senior Medical Officer and attended patients in the clinics as well as on the general medical, surgical and obstetric. & gynecological wards.

Prior to this, Adolphus Sowemimo served as a rotating intern at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria. This one year rotating internship included 12-week rotations through the departments of Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology. During this crucial time period, he learnt the rudiments of various obstetric and gynecological conditions, their underlying causes, symptoms, diagnoses, prevention, and treatment options.

Later, Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo worked for many well-known hospitals and medical centers in the UK, Canada and the Middle East. Currently, he is based in Canada and owns A. O. Sowemimo Corporation, which he established a few years ago to provide quality services to the general public. The company has gone from strength to strength since its founding, the credit for which goes to Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo’s proficiency and professionalism.

Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo's future plans include undertaking a hospital or community based OB-GYN practice. His main purpose behind setting up an OB-GYN practice is to provide quality health care services to patients with various obstetric and gynecological problems and ensure their well-being. Aside from deliberating over several aspects of this “community based ob-gyn practice”; there are many other things that he does in his spare time such as listening to classical music, reading books, playing chess to name a few. Additionally he keeps a healthy lifestyle and plays golf and squash rackets. Besides this, he devotes his time to charitable causes by supporting organizations that work for the welfare of the society. Some of the charitable organizations that he has been actively supporting for the past many years are – World Evangelism, Autism Society of Manitoba, Christian Blind Mission International, Jewish Voice Ministries and Medicine Sans Frontier, and many others.