Chapter 1

"Ash, just give me the remote, damn it!" I yelled at my older brother, Ash. I released a huff and I tried my best glare on him, but on seeing him giving me a wider grin, it was clear he was not affected at all. Why can't I just kill him?

Since the past fifteen minutes, I have been running after him to get the TV remote as my favourite program, Horror Times was going to release the last episode of Down The Dead Road. I would not call myself a fanatic of horror but I simply liked watching documentaries about new explorations which included those about horror. And that also didn't make me less scared of horror videos because only I know about those sleepless nights I spent after watching scary episodes.

I was excited about how the explorers in this season were going to discover and reveal the mystery behind that creepy road. But the annoying brother is always there to annoy me, all day long since he is on his break from college. He should be given an award for that.

I followed my irritating brother downstairs in the living room. I was tired of supporting his exasperating antics and was ready to kill him for that remote. Ash ran behind the sofa with a cheshire grin on his ugly face and waved the remote in the air as if daring me to come and get it.

I glared at him even harder than before, wishing for some magic to come from my glare and burn him and make him become like ash. Ha! Notice the pun? I knew that he was teasing me because of my 5'2 height. My height was nothing compared to Ash whose height reached 6'1. I was jealous of his height which he definitely got from our father. While Ash was tall like our father, he looked more like our mother with his back hair and blue eyes. I, however, inherited my height and blue eyes from my mother and got my golden brown hair from my father.

"What happened, sissy? You giving up already?" Ash said, giving me a smirk with the remote still in his hand. That was the limit. When words don't work, use actions. I took some steps back and gave Ash a devilish smile. "I warned you."

Within seconds, I ran, jumped on the sofa, and took a leap with great force on my brother. Though Ash was well-built and muscular, he was not ready for my spectacular jump. Both of us crashed down on the floor. Ash still struck by surprise, I took the chance and snatched the remote from Ash. Now was my turn as I gave a triumphant smile to Ash and did a Kung Fu panda pose to Ash like I usually did when I win the fights between us.

"You lose, old brother," I said with one hand holding the remote and another on my hip.

"I'm only two years older than you," said Ash with a grunt as he hated being called old and scratching the back of his head. Poor him, he must have hit his head when I made him fall, Well, he deserved it. He should have thought twice before trying to mess with me. Now, I just needed an excuse for getting rid of that pain in the ass of a brother.

"Well, you better get going. your friends must be waiting for you at the football ground." I said hoping he would, at last, leave me in peace and go away. I was getting late for my TV program anyway.

"Yeah, you're right. Bye, sissy!" said Ash as he realized he was late when he looked at the clock and sprinted outside without looking at me even once. Hallelujah!!! Freedom!

I smiled to myself and fell on the sofa, tired of 'playing tag' with my brother. I released a sigh of both relief and fatigue and turned on the TV. On time! The program has just started. I zoomed out of my surroundings as I fixed my eyes on the TV screen. That's what I usually do when l watch T.V. A burglar can even break in and steal anything without me noticing.

After thirty minutes of being engrossed in the TV, the season was finally over. The mystery behind the Dead Road was revealed. Some rumours about it were proved fake while others were true. Like that girl who jumped in the river from the bridge down the road was true. Her ghost must still be wandering about right now...Cue horror music in the background.

But it was not always the case. Some places' secrets remained hidden and there was proof of paranormal activities in some places. I was not saying that I believe in fantasy creatures like ghosts, unicorns or leprechauns and supernatural creatures like vampires or werewolves but I was very open-minded. And hopeful.

As this season has finally ended, I was looking forward to the next season and about where it is taking place. The fun fact is that they always take a place which is naturally scary like a deserted place in the mountains. Who would love to visit those places?

As I continued staring at the TV, the producer of the program, Brian Calder appeared on the TV. Not to sound creepy, but I used to have a teeny weeny crush on him like ages ago, and no, I'm not exaggerating because months ago is ages ago. He was a very handsome man in his late twenties, with his blondish brown hair and blue eyes so, in my defence, he was just irresistible. And no! I'm so not admiring him right now!

Brian usually appeared at the end of each season to introduce the trailer about the next season. As he started talking, I again fixed my gaze on the TV, capturing every word he was saying: "Hello to all my horror fans. The suspense of this season has finished and along with it, another one begins. We had a surprise in reserve to all our viewers which I, on behalf of Horror Times show, am going to reveal to you."

Surprise? What surprise? Is it about the next season? Who will be presenting the show? Is it about the next place to be shown? No, it can't be. They are always shown anyway. As my thoughts kept being fumbled around, my focus went back to the TV.

"Our team has recently chosen to give the chance to our young fans to know what our show is about. Whoever wants to join our show for this season can subscribe to a page that is on our website and only 10 participants will be chosen to come with us. The setting for the show will be known later and further information is to remain unknown and will be known only to the chosen participants. Our other fans will come to know about it when the first episode will be updated. Any youngster thirsty for adventure, go on the page and subscribe to it. That is your first chance for it. The chosen ones will be told tomorrow. So I've said all I needed to, and have a nice day. Adios."

Brian finished his speech with a heart-melting grin and then the TV switched to another program. My eyes were still rested on the TV, Brian's words replaying over and over in my head.

Ten participants will be chosen among those who want to participate.

Is this what I think it is?

A/N:

So, let me warn you that I wrote this story back in 2016. There is going to be a lot of cringey stuff, mistakes or whatever. I was a weird, untalented teen. Still am. 

While I had previously deleted it and can never get it back again, it is a miracle that I was able to view it through another account of mine. So I am trying to reupload it bit by bit (though it's not a completed story). 

The reason I am reuploading it because I was regretting having deleted my first story ever and I wanna keep it on my account here as a memory.

So enjoy, if possible. Haha. But be warned, it's not a story of good quality.