Welcome to Karasuno

Miyagi Prefecture, Karasuno, 2012
First day of high school

I'm finally here. Kageyama thought as he looked for the gymnasium, slightly smiling in his his head.

Should I even be here..? Y/N thought taking a glimpse of the gymnasium, only a few steps from her reach.

I can do this! Both of them cheered themselves as they opened the gate from each of the court.

A shocked look were plastered on both their faces.

What is she/he even doing here!? Both of them thought.

"Kageyama-san, it's good to see you again" You bowed politely hiding your disgusted face from him

"I could say the same" Kageyama said bowing, with slight scowl on his face, not intending to hide it

Before Kageyama became a selfish dictator, you and him were always paired up in interviews because of the titles "King and Queen". Both of you didn't like it, especially Kageyama. You could appreciate the nickname, but when time passed by you got overwhelmed by the expectations of everybody that knew you, hence quitting volleyball before the season ended.

"What are you doing here, I thought you quit? " Kageyama asked, hiding the fact the he wanted to smirk.

"I'm just checking out the school, what about you, King?" You asked tempting him into what you knew had ticked him off.

You both had a stare down, which led to the both of you walking towards each other and pissing the other one off.

"Huh?!" Kageyama started, glaring down at you, with you just holding your head higher "King?! Don't. Call. Me. That. Queen" Smirking, Kageyama glared down even harder at you knowing he had just pushed the right button.

"Oya? You gonna command me now, Your highness?" You said pushing one finger to Kageyama's shoulder causing him to back off.

You were level headed and mature, but when it came to the right people, in this case Kageyama, it made you show your true colors to him.

The two of you bickered for what felt like forever and you weren't quitting any time soon. A student passed by wondering where all of the noises are coming from and immediately called the vice principal.

"What do you think your doing in my school?! " The vice principal said in a very annoyed tone. The both of you were in your own world tearing each other down, not hearing any outsiders in your quarrel

The volleyball club members started to enter the clubroom talking to their new applicant, Hinata Shōyo. They froze on their spot as they saw two strangers bickering in their gym and they didn't know what to do. The vice principal walked up to them only to be pushed away, his wig flying off in the direction which the volleyball club members came from.

They froze, shocked plastered on their faces. Kageyama and Y/N started to walk away while the volleyball club members were either laughing or disappointed. A muscular man, that looked like a third year just had a wig land perfectly on top of his head. He was smirking, not out of joy but more on anger... He looks scary. The two of you thought making it your cue to run away. When you were about to, two guys stopped your tracks and pushed the both of you towards the muscular guy.

We're screwed!

"So, who do we have here? " The muscular guy, who was named Daichi Sawamura, and unfortunately was the captain of the volleyball club said with that scary smirk still on his face.

You immediately bowed a full ninety degrees while apologizing making Kageyama bow down too.

You could hear one bald guy laughing his face off in the background. Hinata, the newcomer was wondering who the trouble makers were and took a look towards the two. Hinata realized that it was his enemy Kageyama Tobio and started to laugh at him too, having insults cuts some of his giggles.
"Kageyama, it's the first day and your already in trouble? " Hinata said laughing at Kageyama. Both of them knew each other way back from their match in middle school. Hinata couldn't forget the words he said to him and this meant revenge.

Kageyama looked up and glared, his attention now at the small orange head almost in front of him. He dashed towards the small boy and held the collar of his shirt. The two then started a brawl while you were still bowing your head continously making you have a head ache.

Moments after the incident, you were excused and was asked to go to the nurse's office to ask for head ache medicine. Kageyama was now sat at the ground with Hinata beside him and Daichi looking at them with his hands crossed across his chest, having that scary smirk plastered on his face.

After hearing a full lecture from Daichi and having their club applications denied. The two of them needed a way to get along for them to join the club.... Of course this was easier said than done.

You came back to the gym, wanting to check if your apology was enough. You saw Kageyama and Hinata out the gym and glaring at each other, you went across the gym and opened the second door because you didn't want to deal with the two. A certain silver haired male saw you and was suprised to see that you actually came back.

"Oh, hello " You said slightly bowing at the silver haired male, nodding his head a little.

You walked up to Daichi and apologized once again. Daichi called out the other members so they can start practicing, not minding the two dorks outside.

_____

You left because you didn't really have a reason to stay there and went to class. You went to Class 5, and met your new friend and sitting buddy, Yachi Hitoka

Yachi sat beside you and you both got along from the very start, not mentioning anything about volleyball. You didn't exactly hid your past, but it was prefered if no one knew about it.

It was after school but you and Yachi had decided to eat together, exploring the school in the process. You found yourselves seated by the gym and started to eat snacks that magically came from somewhere

"Y/N-chan" Yachi quietly said, her face flushed "C-can I call you that..? " You were glad, a new friend!

"Of course, only if you let me call you Yacchan " You replied, a beaming Yachi now infront of you. You talked while eating, getting to know each other in the process.

While eating you saw glimpses of Kageyama and the orange head stubbornly practicing together outside the gym,you slighty chuckled

"What're you laughing about? " Yachi asked looking at you with a confused face.

"Ah, it's nothing" You said "I just saw something"  Yachi left the topic alone and just went to enjoy lunch your lunches together

A/N

Hello people! Just a heads up, I'll try to post whenever I can so a certain time of update is not gonna be promised.

I tried to make the story sound as canon and as accurate as I can, with Kageyama and Y/N maintaing their non existent romance

Thank you in advance for reading this and I hope you enjoy the rest until the end!

-1220 words