Chapter 6.

their blood coated his hands

in a beautiful red hue

༻𖥸༺

TEN YEAR OLD ATHANASIUS stood besides his father's chair, watching with passive eyes the nobles as they bickered amongst themselves regarding this or that. He held no interest in who got the ownership of the newly vacant casino, he just wanted to retire to a tea room and spend some quality time with his dad.

It would seem that his wishes were not to be heeded.

Sneaking a glance at his father, he noted the absolute boredom lining his handsome features and held back a sight. Such stupidity. He was two steps away from suggesting they scrap the casino and turn it into a public courthouse一 god knows it had the capacity and potential.

But alas, suggestions of this kind, coming from a prepubescent boy, be he the Crown Prince, would bristle the nobles' egos and pride. He resigned himself, knowing full well that this matter will later on be discussed with his father, in the privacy of his study.

Jeweled eyes watched with little interest as Duke Alpheus attempted to quell this squabble, with little results one might say, but tried nonetheless. (Athan ignored his thoughts of oportunist men and attuned his senses on his father.)

Claude, with the bored mask he had in place, he hid his irritation with near perfect precision (near - because only Athan noticed it) and raised a hand. In an instant, all noise ceased and everyone took their respective positions in the audience room.

"Such matters shall be discussed at a later date, for now, this meeting is adjourned." No-one dared refute the Emperor as he raised from his golden and red chair, moving towards the already opened door. "Athan, come."

"Yes father." With a polite incline of his head in the nobles' direction, he easily fell into step behind his sire, Felix and Kassian dutifully trailing behind the father-son duo.

The Prince knew that the banter of the noble class did not bother his father, seeing as he always had the ability to become deaf to their arguments, therefore this amused the young heir. For he knew that the true reason behind his dad's irritation stemmed from the ginormous pile of letters sitting on his desk, a pile that the boy entitled as 'the no way in hell'.