Chapter 1

(Der POV)

'beep beep beep'. I blindly reached my arm over to turn the alarm off. "Mhmm." I groaned. I then remembered the familiar warmth in my arms and tried to bury myself deeper into the embrace. "Mhm" I heard Meredith groan, almost sounding like she was in pain. "What's wrong Mer?" I asked concerned. "Mmm... don't feel good." She replied. I brought a hand out from under the covers and felt her forehead. "You do feel warm. Let me go get a thermometer." I said, getting out of bed. The sudden movement of me getting out of the bed made her stomach churn. She bolted towards the bathroom and began throw up the contents of her stomach. "Oh my god." She muttered. As I approached our bedroom, I could hear Meredith retching. I came into the bathroom and knelt down next to her, holding her hair out of the way and rubbing her back when she started dry heaving. "It's okay." I said. "Ugh." She moaned. She slowly stood up and swayed on my feet, causing me to swoop into action, wrapping my arms around her waist and picking her up like a baby.I brought her to the bed and carefully lowered her down and gave her a puke bucket just in case. "I'm gonna take your temperature now, okay?" I asked. "Uh huh." She uttered. I stuck the thermometer under her tongue and waited for it to beep. I took it out of her mouth and said "103.4. You are not going to work today, and neither am I. I'll call in for both of us." I stated. "No I have to go in, I'm a resi-." Meredith tried to say before she started throwing up again. I quickly started holding my hair back and rubbing my back. "Now will you stay home?" I asked. "Fine." She said quietly. "But you don't have to stay with me, I'm a big girl I can take care of myself." She said stubbornly. "Mer, this is what boyfriends do. We take care of our girls when their sick, and that's exactly what I'm going to do." I said. "Okay." She replied. I got up and went into the other room to call Richard. "Hey Richard, can you cover for me today and find someone to cover for Meredith? She's sick and I don't want to leave her alone." I ask. "Yeah, of course Derek. Tell Meredith I hope she feels better." Richard said politely. "Thank you Richard."