☇ 𝚃𝚆𝙾.

THE warm air forced against the brown skin of the siblings as they sauntered along the sidewalk and busy streets of the city

  THE warm air forced against the brown skin of the siblings as they sauntered along the sidewalk and busy streets of the city. kiron threw his arm around synner's shoulders. out of all the siblings, they were known to be the closest. the year apart between them was practically invisible. they even do everything together. they ate together, they lived together, they had fun together. today was no different as they made their way to shaq's and elias' art studio grand opening.

          the strip of retail stores sat a little ways across from the courthouse which seemed to be loaded with many people. kiron payed it no mind, figuring it was normal as he pulled on the door to shaq's shop. "i think mom will be here. dad said he wouldn't be able make it." kiron spoke with a hint of sadness in his voice. he was usually the sibling the most affected whenever a parent couldn't show up to a function. he was all for family bonding and often felt like he failed when he couldn't get a member to show up.

          synner nodded understandingly. they've also learned quick that one parent was always better than none. they walked in, finding shaq, elias, and teddy behind a welcome table and various art pieces around the fully furnished sleek and modern studio. "um, what the fuck kind of festival is going on across the street?" synner frowned, pointing over her shoulder as she walked over to them. more importantly, why did she not know about said festival.

"synner lei vaughn." she heard her mother's voice coming from the back room. teddy giggled at her causing synner to playfully fake fight him.

"sorry mommy," she gave her mother a pouty lip before looking around the studio once again. "i mean, the place looks good though."

elias was generally used to the vaughn family and how they interacted, being shaquille's best friend for ten years now. he was practically family at this point. "there's no festival, synn. that's just the courthouse casually being turned into a skatepark. also thanks, we've put a lot of work in as you know."

        synner raised an eyebrow. "doesn't that kinda suck? like wouldn't it mess with business and stuff?"

       "nah not at all, one day we got the rich people that go down to the courthouse, you know for money and shit and then another day we got random ass kids who wanna spend their money and buy art that makes their parents mad. issa win win." elias explained, throwing up a peace sign.

        "oddly that makes sense," she shrugged, sneaking a cookie off the table that was clearly for customers before her mom could see. "have you seen jher though?"

       "she's home the last time i checked. you haven't talked to her? what kind of besties.." he shook his head in disbelief.

        "hush. she hasn't replied to me so maybe you should check your own sister. i might stop by later i guess."