Chapter 9.

forming ripples in the water

he was drowning yet again

༻𖥸༺

ALMOST TWO MONTHS AFTER the debutanté of the crown prince, summer began installing itself within Obelia's borders and so, said prince found himself leisurely loosing his time lounging in the gardens of the Sapphire Palace.

From his time as both Ye-Jun and Athan, the reincarnator knew the little princess was soon to make an appearance. Though he knew her attempts at making Calude adore her had little success一 only to the point that their father wouldn't want to see her dead (he still prided himself to being the only one to receive Claude's special brand of parental love, thank you very much), he thought of how she will react to him, an existence outside of the reality that she was aware of.

The simple concept of fucking up her plans of surviving were looking kind of tempting, but he digressed. Having her dead would defeat the purpose of the manhwa and the story that was built. At the moment, Claude could care less if she died, seeing as he already had an heir and he was still a bit salty from she-who-shall-not-be-named's 'betrayal'.

(Really, his father could be so dramatic at times.)

But, then again, Athan digressed. She shall have her little attempts at gaining Claude's favour and he will satiate his curiosity in seeing how she will behave around him. Two birds with one stone and he could retire at night knowing that he really didn't have a reason to interact with his little sister.

Then his mind wandered to the real plot of this manhwa and he vehemently refused to spare even a second lost on such topics as the concept of coming in contact with Jeanette didn't even cross his mind.

So Athanasius was content with spending his days laying down in the grass, uncaring to the green stains that might appear on his silk clothing, either running a hand through Biyakko's fur or reading a book that caught his eye, as most of his paperwork was already filed, signed and sent to his father's office.