Falling of the leaves

chapter 1

"wake up Lilly! You don't want to be late for school do you?!" My mom coerced. "Do I have to?" I asked in my morning voice. ( you know when you wake up and you're voice is as crispy as a tater chip.) " Lilly, we talked about this. What time did you go to bed last night?" She asked in that motherly tone. "very early" I replied with a smirk. " oh okay, ( sarcasm) well wake up and get dressed. I made pancakes." She said.  As she walked out the door I thought about getting up...and i kept thinking. 

I thought so much i nodded off for like 3 seconds and then my alarm went off! It wasn't one of those calm ringtones either, It was that one with the durpy sounding rooster.  I never wanted to throw my phone across the room so bad in my life! but then I smelled the pancakes that mom made. I quickly put on my hoodie and my new pair of sweatpants I bought off amazon. I darted down stairs so fast that it felt as if i was floating to the scent of the warm syrup. 

''I didn't think you would make it. " Mom said in a jokingly manner. " Haha yeah Lilly, and why are you dressed like a hobo?" my younger brother Cole muttered. "I prefer to be comfy, Its not like we're gonna do anything important today anyways" I said admittedly. " don't mind you're brother, you look very pretty! " Mom stated with a soft smile. She always been the type of person to help people when they have been knocked down. "Awe thanks mom" I replied with syrup dripping off the piece of pancake I shoveled in my mouth.

My favorite part of moms pancakes are the thin sliced bananas

My favorite part of moms pancakes are the thin sliced bananas. I don't know what she does, but ever since i was a kid i found the bananas the best part.  Also the crispy edges in the warm syrup! "Did you get all you're work done last night?" mom asked.  "Almost, I thought that 4 hours was enough for my brain capacity ,so i told myself ill get it done in class today.'' I replied in a calm like matter. " 4 hours?!" mom stated with a hint of confusion. "yeah but its okay i went to bed around the usual 3 a clock in the morning." I said with a casual tone. "Well, if you need anything i'm here.'' She said "  "thanks, but i would be more worried about Cole and his new girlfriend!'' I muttered looking at Cole fixing his hair in the mirror. 

"W-what girlfriend!" he exclaimed. "COLE DAVID! Tell me you don't-" "well mom i have to go the bus is going to be early today! Always is on Mondays! Bye! Love you!" He interrupted. "When you get back we're gonna talk about this new girl!" she yelled but he was already out the door. I don;t know what he was talking about "the bus is always early on Mondays" our bus is always at least 30 minutes late.  At least it feels that way. Time has been going really fast for me lately. 

It feels as if reality isn't real. Just yesterday I was a kid, playing with Lego's, climbing tree's, and just having no worries. Today i'm a 16 year old, going through high school. I use to never see the seasons change, but know its like the seasons are only a day apart. ''Are you gonna ride the bus today?'' mom asked. ''Oh, yeah! haha" I replied. I grabbed my backpack, and gave mom a hug. "I love you" I said. "I love you too" she said softly. 

As I headed out the door I could see Cole setting on the bus bench twiddling his fingers in the distance. Then I heard... was that the bus?! No...it couldn't be! Sure enough it was! I started running to the bus stop, but as I was running I noticed something. The leaves were already falling!