始め

to naruhina, and all the naruhina writers I pretended not to read when i "hated" naruto

                                                 love can often be like 

                                         waiting for a train to arrive and

                                     then realizing that you are standing 

                                                on the wrong platform

                                                     -MICHAEL FAUDET

                             - hi, you probably stumbled upon this fic if 

   a◌༉‧ you are one of my other readers deprived of me updating 'regret'

    b◌༉‧ you are a naruhina fan who has finished reading everything wattpad has

     c◌༉‧ you pitied the amount of votes i have and decided to read this

either way, i welcome all and i suggest you should go support WaterRolls (for naruhina) and freyaii (for these banner thingies plus amour content). song is "natsu ga koborete yuku/summer is overflowing) and the lyrics are on vocaloidlyrics fandom wiki.   -ok, lets go!

Naruto was very aware of how he was treated by people

Naruto was very aware of how he was treated by people. Like a monster. It didn't take a genius to figure out. Jiji couldn't protect him from everything, and he had to be exposed to the 'real word'. For all he knew, he might as well been a monster. But even monsters deserve some love. Naruto knew very well, if he took the shriveled rosebuds on the road and plant them in his backyard, they would grow. If he treated it with gentle care, they could bloom into something beautiful. But he wasn't a fragile flower, he was a monster. Monsters don't bloom into flowers. A pain tore through his chest and his vision blurred. A tear fell onto his cherished flower, all red and beautiful. 

Suddenly a rage burst through Naruto, taking his gardening shovel and stabbing in the poor flower's roots. More tears fell into the fertile soil. "Why did I have to be the monster?" Naruto angrily yelled. The wind blew, no answer came. The flower swayed and fell down, a few petals blowing away. Naruto stopped to look in horror at the precious red flower on the ground. He quickly picked it up with both hands trying to see how the flower would survive. He frantically rushed in his tiny apartment to find his plant tape and hold the roots together. Running to his cluttered mirror, he threw stuff on the ground, hoping that it had not gotten lost. He looked at himself in the mirror and looked back down. There, the tape! He raced back outside to the pitiful flower just in time to save the plant. While replanting it in soil, he wondered what he had saw in the mirror. A red eyed boy, all eyes puffy from what Naruto had thought it was from, tears. Was that me? Naruto thought.

Who am I? the two children thought together

Hinata was not sunshine. She was far from it, and Hinata couldn't help but think, if she had been the sunshine in her father's life, maybe he would not have been so harsh after his wife's death. She watched as the short cradle rocked more than usual. Hanabi is awake, Hinata thought. She walked plainly over to Hanabi's room, not bothering to tiptoe with the presence of byakugan everywhere. Hinata's feet ached with every step, and she finally collapsed near her baby sister. A small creaking noise could be heard on the wood flooring. Everything she did was a disappointment to the elders anyways, Hinata thought tiredly. She peered at Hanabi's half awake face over her cradle and managed a smile at her. She was an angel, a beautiful angel. 

And the lavender eyed girl swore to protect her angel from any harm. She still had a chance to be the sunshine in someone's life, while she gazed at her now awake sister. The small baby opened her mouth, as if she was going to cry. Hinata placed her hand under her small sister and began to carry her. Softly, Hinata sang. "miageta sora wa osanai koro to kawarazu ni, bokura o ima mo mite iru yo..." Memories flashed her briefly of her mother doing this with Hinata. Memories of her father smiling. Her little angel would not be able to experience the joy of having a happy father, or the gentleness of her mother, the girl visualized. "nemureru tsuki wa ai ni dakare nagara, tooi asu no sora ni nani o miru no..." Hanabi's eyes fluttured and Hinata continued swaying her arms, to make sure she could sleep well. She wasn't a child anymore; now the mother for Hanabi, and a reliable big sister. Hinata felt her eyes growing tired so she sat down on the tatami mat and continued to sing. "kanashiku sore wa utsukushiku...

The children who did not feel the warmth of the village's love grew up too fast, and only are they able to re-live that childhood with each other.