Chapter 1: Arrival

~jakes POV~

After the colonels speech i bump into Norm and got to see my brothers Avatar, they say its mine now but it doesnt feel like it. As Norm kept bragging about Dr Augustine book we finally got to meet her, she was a short haired- red head who looked to be in her early forties. "Here she is Cinderella back from the ball" Max spoke jokingly

"Grace, i'd like you to meet Norm Spellman and Jake Sully" Max introduced us to her.

She didnt seem to have noticed me, she took a cigeratte out of her mouth and faced Norm."Norm, i hear good things aboout you. Hows your Nav'i?" she asked Norm, he then takes a deep breath  and begins to speak a language 'what the hell are they saying?'.

"umm, Grace?" Max interrupted, Grace then turned her attention to him"This is Jake sully""Ma'am" i say to her reaching my hand out for a shake. 

She didnt seem to like it"yeah, yeah, i know who you are, i dont need you i need your brother"'here we go' i thought to myself"you know the PHD that trained 3 years for this mission?" asked as if it was obvious"He's dead, im sorry that its a big inconvenience to  everyone"Grace looked at me for a momment.

" how much lab training have you had?""i disected a frog once" she had a look of frustration on her face, she turned her face towards max" you see?, you see?, they're just pissing on us without the excuse of calling it rain, im going to selfridge".

 Max and her got into an argument and i was told by Max about the time i could get into the Avatar.

~timeskip no ones POV~

A control room can be seen alot of people doing their work and being busy, while one is working on doing golf in the middle of the work space. He was pretty chill and layed back with dark brown hair resting on his scalp, he pushed the golf ball with his hockey stick as it went into the cup. "you see that?""yes sir!""no you didnt, you were looking at the monitor" the young man spoke in a short conversation with a random worker, he then went to retrieve his golf ball.

Grace comes into the scene obviously pissed(move B*tch get out the way!XD), she then came up to him near the cup with crossed arms.(here we go) "Parker, you know i used to think it was benign neglected, but now i can see your intentionally screwing me" Grace spoke with sarcasm dripping on her words", Parker spoke, not at all paying attention to what she said" Grace, you know, i enjoy our 'little' talks".

He hit the golf ball one last time, as it rolled though Grace knocked the cup so the golf ball wouldnt go in. She said a little 'oops' as Parker started to get annoyed of her exsistance.

"I need a researcher, not some Jarhead drop out.""well actually, i thought we got pretty lucky with him"Parker responded walking away as Grace went to follow him"Lucky?""yeah"Grace was beyond confused and frustrated.

"How is any of this in anyway lucky?""well lucky your guy, had a twin brother and lucky that brother wasnt some oral hygienist or something, a marine we could use" Parker said as he neared an office area.

"im assigning him to your team as security escort" Grace then stepped closer to him "The last thing i need is another trigger happy moron out there!"

Parker then intterupts her"Look, look, you're supposed to be winning the hearts and the minds of the natives, isnt that the whole point of your little puppet show?" he then carry's on.

"If you look like them and you talk like them,then they'll start trusting us. We build them a school, we teach them english but after what? how many years?. Relations with the indigenous are only getting worse even one of your little scientist's leaves to become one of them."

"yeah that tends to happen when you use machine guns on them and (Y/N) had a pretty good reason for leaving if she was working in this sh*thole" Grace snaps back at him.

Parker sighs"right. come here" as he reaches his office with Grace behind him while whispering 'i cant', he then picks up a type of floating rock and show's it to Grace.

"this is why we're here, Unobtanium" he then procceeds to explain"Because this little gray rock sells for 20 million a kilo, thats the only reason. It's what pays for the whole party , it's what pays for your science comprehendo?" he finishes as he places the rock back where it originally was.

"Now those savages and (Y/N) are threatening our whole operation, we're n the brink of war and your supposed to be finding a diplomatic solution. " he said sourly" So use what you got and get me some results."

AS Grace went out the room Parker shouted for her"And Grace!" she turned towards him as he looked at her with a serious expression" Dont bring (Y/N) into this conversation again please?, she betrayed us""no, she picked a side" Grace corrected as she left the room to rest for the big day tommorrow.

(hope you liked it!)