Chap 1: Flinching

It was October first when Hinata got on his bike to head to school. He couldn't let Kageyama beat him, so he rode as fast as he could. Once he got to school, he turned to follow the path to the club room, but was met with Kageyama instead. Kageyama faced him and they both stood there in silence. Almost in sync, their eyes moved from each other to the path, then back to each other. All the sudden Hinata started to sprint to the club room. He had gotten a head start, but that didn't mean that Kageyama was far behind.

Once they reached the club room, both boys collapsed. ¨You- cheater¨ Kageyama said, gasping for breaths in between. ¨I did not- cheat¨ Hinata protested, just as out of breath as Kageyama. ¨Did too¨ ¨Did not¨ ¨Did too¨ ¨Did not¨. This continued for the next 2 minutes straight. ¨Fine, you win¨ Kageyama said ¨But that doesn't mean that I won't beat your ass next time.¨ ¨You two are such idiots." Kageyama and Hinata turned around to see Tsukishima standing above them, his ass-hole expression looking as sharp as ever. ¨Nobody asked for your opinion, four eyes¨ replied Kageyama. ¨Yeah! Hinata said, backing Kageyama up, ¨Boke Hinata boke¨ Kageyama said as he went to smack Hinata in the head. As he was about to smack him, Hinata flinched. Kageyama pulled his hand away. "Boke, are you okay, you flinched." "I'm fine Bakayama." Hinata said smiling. Kageyama looked at Hinata. Hinata looked happy, so why did his smile seem fake?

Kageyama shook it off and walked into the club room, Hinata following close behind, chatting away. Once everyone arrived, they started practice. It was a Friday so after practice, Coach Uki decided to treat them all to meat buns ¨HELL YEAH¨ screamed Tanaka and Noya ¨Thank you coach¨ The third years said, bowing. ¨AWESOME¨ rejoiced Hinata. Kageyama bowed ¨Thank you coach¨ Tusski just nodded and put on his head phones, Yamaguchi not far behind him. They all went to Uki's store and thanked him for the meat buns. Hinata looked at the clock. Hinata didn't want to go home. He was scared, but he would just have to suck it up and not tell anyone. As much as he hated it, he had to come back to reality. Maybe he wouldn't go home, he could just sleep outside. Yeah, that was a good idea. He said goodbye to his friends and headed toward the top of the hill, while nobody noticed. Nobody noticed except for Kageyama . . .

He followed Hinata up the hill and watched from a distance as Hinata put his bag down on the grass and lay flat on his back, looking up at the stars like a starfish. Kageyama slowly approached him. "Boke, what are you doing up here?" Kageyama asked, somewhat concerned. "O-oh, hi Bakayama, you scared me. I'm just, uhh, staring gazing? Yeah, stargazing . . .'' Hinata was acting suspicious. God, was he a bad liar. It was kind of cute though . . . wait what? What was Kageyama thinking? This was his annoying, dumb team mate, he wasn't cute at all. "Hinata Boke, I may be dumb, but even I can tell your lying. What are you doing here?" Hinata argued "Stargazing!" Kageyama raised his eyebrows. Hinata gave in, he had no other choice. Slowly, his face began to grow dull. The light behind his face had turned off, revealing how dark he actually was. " I-I don't wanna go home." He didn't look like Hinata. Hinata was happy and energetic and excited. The boy in front of him was sad and sullen and dull. "Hinata, if you don't wanna tell me you don't have to, but you can trust me."