Mission: Rescue Chase

Birds were chirping in the morning in a city in Ancient Egypt called Thebes, as an eleven-year-old boy named Leo woke up. Life in the New Kingdom was great. People were buying goods from market stalls when Leo met his best friend Chase on the way to school. In Ancient Egypt, the school was really fun because kids studied how to write in Hieroglyphics, a language expressed by drawing pictures. Leo's sister Grace who was fourteen years old was helping her mother cook dinner for the family. Leo and Grace's father was a doctor working for the pharaoh. It was four in the afternoon and Leo had just come from school, so he went to his best friend Chase's house to play games. After they finished playing a game, Leo went home to eat dinner and go to bed. The next day, on the way back from school, Leo and Chase saw two mysterious-looking men walking on the street. Suddenly, the two men started running after Leo and Chase and trying to catch them! Leo was able to outrun the two men, but unfortunately, being slower than his friend, Chase stayed behind and was taken away by the two men. Leo had tried to save his best friend, but the two men were able to ride away with him on a chariot.

Leo went home and told his family what had happened. Half an hour later, Chase's parents went to the family, asking what had happened to Chase. Leo explained everything to Chase's parents and their heart was broken. They told him to try his best in finding Chase and if he couldn't tell them. That night, Leo couldn't sleep thinking where Chase was right now. The next day, Leo went to the priest asking for help in finding Chase. The priest told him where Chase was taken, so Leo thanked him and went back home. When he arrived, he directly asked his sister Grace if she could help him get Chase back. Leo took a while to convince her, but then his sister said yes. It took them the rest of the day to get ready and pack up for their journey, but in the end, they finished. After that, they ate dinner and went to sleep. In the morning, they got in a chariot and set off on their journey. By the time they got to their destination, it was night and they were really hungry. Before Leo and Grace went to sleep, they found an orange tree that they ate from. It was hard finding a place to sleep in, but they managed to find one. Their destination turned out to be Giza where there were pyramids, trees, and temples. By that time, it was really quiet because all the people were already asleep. The sun was shining and it was morning, so Grace woke up and then woke up Leo. They started walking towards the market stalls and pyramids in order to search for those two men who kidnapped Chase. An hour later, they gave up because they couldn't find the two mysterious-looking men. Then, Leo had an idea to go to a priest in Giza as he did in Thebes. The priest told them where he thought the two men were, so they thanked him and then went in order to get Chase. They went searching for the two men near the market stalls. Behind the market stalls, there was a small abandoned house. Leo and Grace started looking for them in the house, but they didn't have any luck in finding them. Out of the blue, they saw the two mysterious-looking men hiding behind a tree! They dashed out of the house trying to catch the two men. After a lot of running, they caught the men and tied them to a tree. Leo forced them to tell him where his best friend was. The poor men had no choice but to tell him. Chase turned out to be trapped inside the god Horus's temple.

Leo and Grace found Chase. The two best friends hugged each other. At first, Leo thought he would never see Chase again, but now they were together. The three of them went back to Thebes, where the two families had a party in the return of Leo, Chase, and Grace.