Chapter 1

I woke from a beautiful nightmare my face was dripping with sweat, my hands trembled, the vivid images scanned my face like a projected movie. His scent still lingered in my nose, he smelt musky, his eyes dark as night scanned over my face his sweet words like music to ones’ ears. I looked around my room and my breath slowed its pace and I lied back down, 5th dream about him this week. I groaned and looked at the clock, it flashed Five Thirty across the screen. I slipped my legs out from under my covers and on the cold, soft carpet. I got up and shuffled across the floor to my door, opened it, and to my surprise, found my puppy sleeping on the hardwood floor. I pushed his sleeping body with my foot and walked down the narrow hallway into my new kitchen, I reached out to find the light switch and I flipped the lights on. “It’s too early” I said, as I cringed from the light cascading across my face.

I walked slowly to the pre-made coffee in my miniscule kitchen. I grabbed my favorite green mug and filled it enough so I could still add sugar and creamer. I heard little paws walk slowly towards me and I turned around to see a sleepy puppy awaken from his puppy dreams. I patted Benny’s head as I slowly walked back to my room to go to my closet. I thought to myself while guiding my hands over the different textures and patterns of shirts and jackets I had hanging lightly in my closet. I pulled out my normal Linkin Park t-shirt and my dark grey skinny jeans and quickly changed I felt the soft cloth of the shirt hit my shoulders and smiled. His scent from the t-shirt hit my nose again and I sighed and kept telling myself you're not going back he’s moved on. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. Today was the day I was going to move on from him.

I looked at the hats that hung from the side of the bathroom wall and I happened to glance at the red hat that he got me from America. It had New York plastered across the face of it. I scanned my fingertips over the raised lettering, a tear slid slowly down my plump cheeks. I took the hat and put it in a small box with the rest of his things, I looked through the box one last time and I grabbed the picture of us in front of the Eiffel Tower sharing our first kiss. Right then I felt another tear fall from my face and watched it fall onto the frame. “It’s time to get better it’s time to forget what he has done and it’s time to move on.”

I picked up my phone and dialed my therapists’ number and I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down my appointment for next week at Ten o’clock. I threw my phone across my room and started crying. He was the best thing to happen to me,  yet he slept with the neighbor in my own bed! I slid down the cold wall and held my knees and watched as the world go by slowly. I got up and trudged to my bed I glanced at my doorway and saw my 10 month old Alaskan Husky Benny. I picked him up off the cold surface and cuddled him to my chest.

I kissed his head and put him back down. Today was going to be my day, a day full of shopping at all of these high class stores. Today changed quickly I sat at the end of the bed and looked at my phone, a message from him popped up reading: Annika Let me explain! I was Drunk! I placed my phone on my oak end table and heard a knock at my door. I got up and walked to the door and opened it seeing a messy haired, puffy eyed brown haired boy also known as my now ex-boyfriend Charlie.

“Annika, Please let me explain” he pleaded at my door step

“ Charlie leave now before I call the cops”

“Baby please!” He started crying and seeing Charlie cry made my heart break right then and there. I nodded and opened my door more and walked back in. I felt him on my heels right behind me. I grabbed the box out of my room and handed it to him. He looked down at the small box and started sobbing and he looked at me and started shaking his head. “leave” I looked at him and pushed him out the door and shutting it. I sat on the hard surface and listened to his quiet sobs outside my thick door. I wish he would understand what he has done to me. His quiet sobs started to faded, I got up and opened the door to him sleeping on my doorstep. I can’t leave him out here, it’s too cold and I know he lives hours away in my old apartment. I dragged him inside by his arm and let him sleep on the hard floor. I grabbed my blanket off the couch and draped it over his resting body. He looks so beautiful when he sleeps how his hair falls perfectly on his forehead, how his lips part a bit when he breaths. I started to think it was my fault I mean i did push him away when I had class. I was never there for him, this is all my fault I’m the reason why he slept with her.

A tear fell slowly down off my face followed by many others. I can’t let him go and I won’t, I curled up to his sleeping body and kissed his small nose. I woke to warm arms around my waist and lips on my forehead, I looked up at his beautiful blue eyes and smiled. His soft warm lips touched mine and shivers skipped down my spine. I can’t let go not just yet, I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled slightly into the kiss. He pulled away and looked at me.

“I’m never going to hurt you again, Ever.” he wiped the tear off my cheek

“I love you Charlie, more than anything”

“ I love you too princess”