Natural Death

Once upon a time, not so long ago, somewhere in Europe, there was a girl named Claire Aims. She was sweet and adorable, and had just turned ten years old. She lived with her mother, Beverly Aims, in a small house far from the big city, although not in the middle of nowhere. Do not just think that everything was perfect: the mother works almost non-stop every day so that her little girl had everything she needed; and Claire in the absence of affection was a little capricious. But still the thing worked; as the mother could not afford to pay a babysitter, the poor girl spent most of her time at school or at a "friend's" house, and then she walked home alone, only that her mother did not I knew it.

It was a Wednesday January 11 like any other when Claire went out two hours late, and instead of going with her "friend" she decided to go home, and thus she probably condemned herself. Since the journey home seemed so long, she took a bus to avoid walking. She got on and sat next to the only other person there: a gaunt old man. Immediately the Lord said:

- I've never seen you on this bus before, dear, and I always travel at this time.

- On the contrary, I have not traveled much on this bus - replied the girl, a little uncomfortable since she had been warned about talking to strangers, and then she thought that she would travel in the bus from that moment on, but she would not make the same mistake of sit with the old man.

On Thursday the girl left by bus again, which this time was empty, the man from the previous day had not traveled. Claire got home safely, went inside and sat down to watch television. Someone rang the bell, and the girl dared to peek through the window to find out who it was: she only saw the emaciated old man from the bus wearing a formal suit and a bible in hand, what was he doing there, dressed as one of those evangelists? Shouldn't you be at home, or somewhere else, resting and not over-demanding? The old man's legs were already trembling, it seemed that he would collapse at any moment, shouldn't there be someone accompanying him? Claire had many doubts that would never be answered, the old man went to another house.

It was already Friday, January 13, the day in case it brought bad vibes, added to the fact that no transport was working, it was an ideal day to stay home and miss both work and school with excuses that could simply be solve. At the time that Claire started the long drive home, it rained without warning. The girl, half soaked and cold, rested next to the road that seemed endless. She had 10 blocks to go when the old man on the bus left her house to breathe clean air, saw the little girl wet and exclaimed:

- You little girl don't have a mother? Come in until the rain stops.

-But ... but sir, no ... I can't - she answers stammering from the cold- I don't know you.

-It's true, but I couldn't allow it to be on my conscience to have let you go alone in the rain –he paused- imagine something bad happend to you, I would feel responsible for the rest of my short life.

- Well well, at least tell me your name, and I hope you have something hot to drink - she replied with a tone that seemed to show that it was an order.

Claire walked in and sat in a comfortable chair in the hall. The old man introduced himself: his name was Alexander Bret, and yes, he was one of those evangelists. He gave the little girl some hot chocolate and went to another room as he had unfinished business. Like all Aims, the girl was curious and walked around the room analyzing everything before falling asleep.

She woke up locked in a huge aquarium, but without water, from which huge tubes came out that ended in another huge aquarium, where Alexander was. Out of nowhere she began to feel like she was running out of energy and that the old man began to float with a halo of a color that is impossible to describe, and the tubes became fluorescent, while her eyesight grew darker and darker.

On Saturday afternoon a very concerned mother was shown a corpse of an elderly woman that had the same DNA as her beloved daughter, Claire, to which the woman exclaimed:

-Who found her? ... but she was only 10 years old when she got lost, yesterday Friday.

-Miss Aims must calm down, a little boy named Alexander found her, now the poor must be traumatized ... but that does not matter, in these cases it is usually a poison that makes her look older - says a policeman.

- Although it is not yet known exactly which one, our technology is not enough, it must be a new one, perhaps in the future ... because it could not be anything else, there are no injuries or injuries - claims another of the policemen.

Then the police chief came to say:

-If we are honest, we do not know why she died, all the analyzes seem to indicate that she died of old age at ten years old, I think we only have to trust that the theories of those in the street aren't true, and that beings that absorb life do not exist.

Beverly looked at him with a scared face, while the police chief told her that it was a joke, or at least that was what he believed ...