1

Miri woke up to the sound of an explosion. She saw pitch-black darkness around her, as dark as a crow. She tried to move her hands but they seemed stuck to the bed. After some force, she was able to free her hands and moved them to the table beside her to find her phone. Her hands moved around as they threw down things from the table. The bad memories threatened to come back to her.

Suddenly, she heard the ringtone of her phone coming from the other room, breaking her trance. She moved her legs with her hands and forced herself to step down. As soon as her feet touched the floor they sensed water. It was flooded with water. She slid down on the floor. With her now wet clothes, she was starting to feel filthy. She pushed aside all the floating objects and dragged herself in the direction of the door. The appliance was still ringing and she could hear the sound getting louder by every passing second.

She found the door and stretched her hand up to get hold of the doorknob. But to her dismay, she couldn't find one. The phone stopped ringing. There was utter silence around her. It was like feeling she was in a cage from which she had to get out. She moved her hands around trying to find something to open the door. A cup, pen, ring... 'all useless' she thought as she pushed aside those objects. She became more desperate at her attempts to open the door. She let out a loud cry as she pushed the door with all her might and suddenly, it gave in.

Miri woke up with a start. 'It was a dream! A weird dream indeed,' came the realization.

The door gave away at the same time as Miri woke up with a start. 'It was a dream! A weird dream indeed,' she thought in mind.