Prologue.

[trigger warning: death.] 

"Fred! FRED!" Rose yelled anxious. Everybody was running around her, the whole school was a mess and multiply people were laying on the ground. Injured or even worse. If she could, she would help them all, but she needed to find Fred. 
"Please, somebody?! I need to know if he's okay!" 
She couldn't move. She felt her legs struggling to stay up. She fought so hard for Harry, for the whole school, maybe even for the world. But she couldn't anymore. She heard a massive explosion coming from around the Room of Requirment and in her head a switch triggered her to stop in her tracks. She started crying, mumbling words to herself. 
"Rosie? Rosie!" she heard someone say. She looked up to see Ginny right beside her. 
"Are you okay? Is something wrong with you?" she asked nervously.  
You shook your head. 
"I don't know what's going on, Gin. Something is wrong, I can feel it." Rose struggled to say. 
"Let's find Fred." she said without hesitation. "Let's find out if he's okay, shall we?" 
Rose nodded and while Ginny grabbed her hand and moved her through all the people, she felt her heart beating way too fast. 
"He's okay, I'm sure Rosie." Ginny kept repeating, but Rose heard the stutter in her voice. She didn't want to know what was going through her mind. 

"Rose. Ginny?" 
She heard a voice from behind her. Hermione and George just arrived behind them. 
"Have you seen Fred?" George asked, pulling Rose into a hug. 
"No, we've been searching for him. I have this feeling something is wrong, George." Rose whispered, she didn't want to start crying again. But why wouldn't she? This night was a literal nightmare. 
George shook his head and closed his eyes for a second. 
"Me too." he said slowly, looking around. It was quiet around them, as if the fighting had stopped. 

George kept holding her hand as they walked towards the Room of Requirement. And there, in between the mess of the explosion, Rose saw him. Half his body covered under stones. While his head was clearly visible. His eyes closed, but a little smile on his face. 
"NO!" George screamed. "No! Please no!" 
He ran towards his brother, as Rose fell to the ground. She couldn't watch. She felt two arms holding her closely. 
"Nooo!" Rose screamed, before she started screaming even louder. Tears falling onto the ground. 
"Go be with him, Rose." Hermione said quietly. 
"I can't, Hermione." she cried. 
"You need to be with him right now. He's still awake, Rose." 
She looked up, seeing George crying but talking to his brother. 
"Go be with him." Hermione said, as she let go of her friend. Rose stood up and trembled towards Fred. He was still smiling. Always that smile. 
"Rosie." he said, hardly really speaking. 
"You can't leave us." Rose cried. "Not me, not George, not Ginny. We need you." 
"I did what I had to do, Rose. It's okay. I feel okay." he whispered. 
Rose grabbed his hand and shook her head. 
"I can't do this without you, you know that. You promised me!" she yelled, almost mad that he was okay with this.
"Rose.." he struggled to say her name. "Kiss me, please. One more time.." 
Rose looked up at George, he was crying just as hard as she was. 
She leaned closer and kissed him softly. He was barely moving, he probably couldn't anymore. 
A tear left his eye, as he smiled and squeezed her hand. 
"Thank you." he said, before he closed his eyes. 
"Fred? No, Fred! No!" she screamed, as her body fell onto his chest. 
Rose felt somebody pulling her up and holding her close. She knew it was George, so she just cried into his chest and let herself go. 

She remembered the days everything was still like it was supposed to be. Like the world wasn't gonna end, because of Voldemort. And then she realised what she had to do. She had to go and turn back time. She had to save Fred from his faith. 
She looked up at Hermione. 
"The Time-Turner. I need it now." She said, determined to use it. 
"I don't think that's a good idea, Rosie. I-" 
"I don't care what you think right now. I need it. We can't lose him." 
Hermione sighed, but still took of the necklace. She gave the Time-Turner to Rose, placed it gently in her hand. 
"You know how it works, right?" George asked her, to which she nodded. 
He glanced over to his brother, before he pulled her into a hug. 
"Good luck, Rose. Please- Please save him." 

And with those words, Rose felt herself going back in time. She didn't know where to start, she didn't know how she was ever gonna do this right. But she had no choice. She had to save Fred. She had to save the love of her life.