1. Prelude

TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE, DO NOT READ IF IT TRIGGERS

A steady clang echoed through the halls of the great Tolken's estate, it almost sounded hollow and without purpose. Contrary to belief however this signified a dreadful beginning to something that resembled what could have been innocence.

If one were to stand at the splendorous oak doors of this rather old and run-down estate, one would have to follow the sound down the narrow halls that led to a ballroom that had been very much used but not quite lived up to its name. A great fire was lit in the room and a single furnished chair along with a wooden table that held old brandy and cigars for the master of the house.

If you were to go further through the other side of the room you would be led to a small and convenient set of stairs one would find oneself in a windowless kitchen that was dimly lit like the ballroom. Pans and knives were strewn across the floor; blood-branded ones. Pieces of silky and almost white hair could be found close to the edge of the counter. The many pies on the counter were still warm and untouched.

Further, beyond the kitchen you would find the sitting room, its fire was also lit like the other rooms in the house. This room served far further significance than any other. A woman pressed against the bookshelves all whilst shielding a small and unknowing child placed her arm up in defense. A man with only rage held the fire fork, he continued to bring it down close enough to this woman. Repeatedly letting a loud CLANG echo through the halls.

"Adam." She simpered. The child she held cried softly enough for only her to hear, "I'm sorry. I am so sorry, let me bear the punishment. Let Anne go to her room for a while."

Mr. Tolken paused from his threatening strikes and walked slowly to his wife. Bending down to meet her eyes without blinking. He frowned behind his mustache; tears welled up in his empty grey eyes.

"Oh darling," he stroked the backhand of his hand against her cheek leaving a smear of his blood, "She is how I'm going to punish you."

Grabbing the arm wrapped around his small daughter, he used his other one to yank her away from her mother.

"Nooooooo- ", Mrs. Tolken cried out and reached for her screaming child, "Adam no, please!"

She got on her knees and placed herself at his feet, making him immobile. Adam gripped his 7-year-old's arm and seemed to be losing more and more of himself as his wife tried to barter with him.

"You just can't do anything right, can you? And until you learn to do things right around here Amelia- ", he lifted Anne off the floor, "SHE will pay for consequences. For YOUR MISTAKES."

"Please..." tears fell from her slim face. Her husband picked up the fire pick with his other hand and pointed it at Anne.

At that moment Amelia Tolken snapped, maybe her mother instincts kicked in or she knew the only thing unharmed was her daughter and wanted to leave it at that. She had nothing to love anymore nothing to stay for. She could only think of why she should leave. Regardless of what her parents and her friends had told her, she had married Adam despite their protest. She has given him everything, she had sacrificed who she was, and she could never find that again.

But what followed next saved Annette Astra Tolken. Amelia grabbed the closest bust to her and threw it at her deranged husband. It nicked him at the shoulder causing him to stumble back and lose grip on Ann. Amelia rushed to her and quickly rose to her feet regardless of the hurt she had felt in her legs.

She took one last look at the sitting room, the house she grew up in, fell in love in and was entrapped in for so long. The walls seemed taller, and the windows smaller.

Adam attempted to stand but seemed to have trouble with his footing. Maybe it was the fire in his eyes, but they suddenly seemed red.

"BaaahHHHH" Mr. Tolken wide-eyed lunged for his wife.

SNAP.

Amelia looked up at many stars glittering across the sky and let out a sob. Her daughter's cries were soft in comparison to her own. 

It took her a few moments to slow her sobs and catch her breath. Burying her face in her daughter's locks she coed her and rocked her to only sniffles.

"We will never have to see him again. You understand me my Annie?" Amelia whispered to her daughter.

The once Mrs. Tolken now Ms. Foster looked onward towards the dimly lit houses that glowed down in the countryside from the hill she stood on and walked steadily to her new home in Godric's Hollow. A safe place.

The former Annette Astra Tolken/ now Anette Astra Foster

Thanks for reading, updates should happen every week!