1

The website on your computer screen was sleek, something that should be expected when you’re on a website to purchase machinery. Your eyes drifted to the card sitting on your desk, a discount code you had to input when you finished your purchase.

“Seriously, _y/n____, just take it,” Haeun giggled, forcing the little card into your hand.

“Hauen I-“You sighed, looking at the plastic square before looking back at her. “buying a person? That’s messed up!”

“It’s not a person, _y/n____,” Haeun rolled her eyes, tossing her long blonde hair over her shoulder with a scowl. “it’s a robot, and on top of that it’s just a sex bot.”

“What’s the difference?” You muttered, staring blankly down at the card.

“The difference is, sex bots are just designed to have sex. They’re completely different from like regular…assistant bots or whatever. They’re like the lowest ranking, bottom of the food chain type robots.” Her tone of voice made it seem like this conversation was tedious, which further aggravated you.

“It’s still buying a person…” You mumbled, not nearly loud enough for her to hear.

“Look, all I’m saying is, you seem wound up!” Her attitude completely changed as she beamed brightly at you, placing a caring hand on your arm. “and since that nasty break-up with…what was his name?”

“Jimin,” You answered sullenly.

“Yeah, well, since your break-up with Jimin, you haven’t been wanting to get another boyfriend and you don’t do anonymous sex,” Haeun said, shrugging her shoulders with an exaggerated sigh. “What kind of friend would I be if I let you wallow alone in your sexual frustrations?”

“Uhh…a very normal friend?”

“Ha-ha,” She rolled her eyes before beaming again. “getting a Hot Bot is the best way to go. It’s no strings-attached sex whenever you want with something that’s yours alone, so no diseases. It’s basically like a sex doll…but it talks…”

You sighed once again, gazing down into your glass of Coke. “Maybe you’re right…”

After sitting on it for a while, you finally urged your fingers to move to your keyboard, typing in the login Haeun had set up for you, as if she knew you’d end up giving in.

As soon as you were logged in, you were thrown immediately into what appeared to be a survey.

‘Hello and Welcome to Hot Bot Inc., a subsidiary of Surgesystems Co. In order to match you with your best fit of Hot Bot, we ask that you complete this simple survey!’ It read, offering a sleep looking blue button that read ‘CONTINUE’ for you to click.

When you did, you were brought to a list of questions.

“Do you prefer a male or female partner?”

[X] Male
[ ] Female

You scrolled through the questions, simple things like desired height, weight, and even hair and eye color. Once it seemed to get through basic physical preferences, it got to the more personal questions; questions that made you feel a little strange.

“In your male partner, what is your desired penis size? Answer below.”

You hesitated, feeling your cheeks burn in what could only be described as shame before clenching your teeth and quickly typing out 6+ inches. As you went to scroll down, you let out a huge sight of relief when you realized there was only one last question remaining.

“Do you prefer a beginner level Hot Bot or an experienced level Hot Bot?”

Beside the question there was a little translucent question mark. You rolled your mouth over it, causing a popup to emerge.