>Part 1<

Atsushi POV)

I wake up to the sound of footsteps outside my cage.
"Who's there?"
I ask because the footsteps don't sound like ones belonging to someone from the orphanage.
"You really don't remember me?"
The figure steps into the light
"Atsushi-Kun~"

-Flashback-

It was about two years ago (Note: Atsushi's 15 and Dazai's 16 in the present) before Dazai was leaving the orphanage.
"I'm gonna miss you Dazai-san"
"Same here Atsushi-kun. Or should I say kitty~"
Atsushi's face heated up and he looked away.
"S-so where are you going?"
"I'll tell you a secret"
Dazai leaned over to Atsushi's ear.
"I'm joining the port mafia"
"Really?!"
"Mhm. But I promise when I get stronger I'll come back and recruit you"
"That's a big promise Dazai-san"
"What? You don't think I can do it?"
"It's not like that. It's just you don't know how long it that will take and what could happen in the time period"
Dazai seemed to contemplate this. He reached down and cupped Atsushi's head in his hand.
"How 'bout this. If anything happens to you I'll kill the person who did it~"
"...Is that meant to be reassuring?"
Dazai chuckled
"Well if he ever to go now. Bye kitty~!"
"Yeah...Bye"

-Flashback Over-

"Dazai?"
"That's me!"
Dazai had now opened the cage and I jumped into his arms ignoring the pain from my injuries. We fell to our knees still embracing.
"Hey Atsushi?"
"Hmm"
"Why are you covered in bandages"
I tense up and stop hugging him
"They haven't been treating me well the past 2 years"
Dazai growled
"Those pieces of crap!"
He says as he grits his teeth
"Don't worry Atsushi I'll make them pay~"
I smack him on the back of the head
"First focus on getting me out of here"
"Ow! Jees Atsushi"
I begin to stand up but then collapse. Most likely due to me being stuck in this damned cage. I was about to hit the floor when Dazai caught me and started carrying me bridal style.
"You don't need to carry me. I can take care of myself"
"Oh yes you definitely can. Like when you almost face planted into the floor just then"
I elbow him in the ribs which results in him almost dropping me. We get to this car and Dazai places me inside. I look at the seat next to me and find a man sitting there.
"Hello Atsushi! I've heard a lot about you"
I bow my head as Dazai gets in and say hello.
"Oh wow! Such nice manners! You should take notes Dazai"
I snicker at that comment and Dazai glares at me.
"Anyway my name is Mori. I'll be like you second Dad!"
He holds his hand out and I shake it.
I lean back in my seat and feel myself drifting off.

(No Ones POV)

Atsushi falls asleep and his head drops onto Dazai's shoulder. Dazai blushes and shifts so Atsushi's in a comfortable position. There's a flash and Dazai looks over to Mori who just took a picture of them.
"Delete that now"
"No can do"
Dazai mutters a bunch of curses at Mori and looks out the window.

-1 year later-

Due to Dazai's excessive training Atsushi was almost as strong as him however he overtook Dazai in smarts. Together Atsushi and Dazai were a great team.

Blood splattered on the walls as the former boss is put to sleep by Mori. He turns around and tells them the boss sadly passed away and put Mori in charge of the port mafia, Dazai amd Atsushi were witnesses. Mori's assigned them with the task of interpreting the rumours about the old boss being alive.

(Dazai POV)

We're meeting up with someone who claims to have seen the previous boss and I'm getting really bored as we're waiting. I look over at Atsushi and he's got his usual emotionless face he's gained over the past year as we wait. Suddenly a force slams into my side causing me to crash into a building. I look up to see a kid with his foot on my chest. Atsushi hops on the roof of the building I crashed into.
"You should've seen that coming Dazai"
"Don't worry Atsushi I'm fine~"
"I didn't ask"
Atsushi examines the boy who's only just seemed to notice him.
"Well he's good. You didn't even notice him. Though that's probably due to your dim wittedness"
I look at the boy only to find him still looking at Atsushi while blushing a bit. I'll admit I didn't like him checking out Atsushi like that but I brushed it off for now.
"So kid"
I say though it's a struggle as it feels like literal gravity is crushing me.
"What's your name?"
His attention turns off Atsushi and to me instead.
"I'd like to know yours first..Sir?"
"Oh wow he's got better manners than you Dazai"
Atsushi pointed out knowing I hated when he or Mori did that. I flipped him off and tilted my head back to the boy
"The names Dazai and the brat up there is Atsushi"
Atsushi who was now swinging his hanging legs back and fourth as he sat on the edge of the building waved.
"Are you two ability users?"
"Maybe we are maybe we're not"
That comment resulted in him kicking my face.
"Stop being vague. I could kill you right now"
"And what's stopping you?"
He looks at me confused
"What"
"What's stopping you from killing me?"
"Agh just shut up you suicidal bastard"
"Oh I'm wounded by those words! Anyway we've told you our names so what's yours?"
"...Chuuya"
"Okay Chuuya you'll be coming with us"
"And who's says I'll-"
He's cut off by Atsushi jumping down and knocking him out by landing on him. I get up and rub my face and chest.
"Wow you did it without the cats help"
Atsushi's eyes changed to Byakko's and he growled. His eyes went back to normal.
"Byakko doesn't like it when you call him that"
"Yea yea, let's just take him back to the base."

-Time skip-

We're in Mori's office and waiting for Chuuya to wake up. I'm leaning on Mori's desk and fiddling with a pencil, Mori's looking at dresses for Elizabeth and Atsushi's sitting on the ground and leaning on Byakko (In my AU Byakko is able to leave Atsushi's body) who's lying down and eying up Chuuya. And then there's this other guy who's using his ability to restrain Chuuya.
"So Dazai what's your opinion on Chuuya?"
Mori asks leaning on his desk and playing with his scalpel.
"Eh...He's a brat and he's annoying"
"Okay and Atsushi?"
Atsushi crossed his legs and sat up straight
"Well I think he's a little full of himself"
"And what about his looks?"
I glare at Mori knowing what he's playing at
"Well he's kinda cute"
The pencil I was fiddling with snaps in half as I feel rage rise inside of me. I stand up and walk over to Atsushi, I sit next to him and lean on Byakko. The cat obviously didn't like that as he got up causing me to fall back and hit my head on the ground. Atsushi laughed at me while patting Byakko, even Mori was chuckling. Byakko growls and looks at Chuuya catching my attention. I look over at Chuuya and notice something.
"He's awake"