The big moment

Okay okay, this is the big moment. You know, the first few lines of storytelling that determines if the reader will be engaged enough to continue reading or not. It can be good, bad, or whatever, but no matter what it has to be exact. If I make the story start too slow, people will get bored and stop reading. If it's too fast, then it's not worth it for understanding or expectations, or it also gets boring, but later on.

What am I doing?!! That's the first paragraph gone!

Well, maybe I'm doing something right if you're reading this far? I mean, I don't really expect this story of mine to get any views or reads, but if someone is actually reading my words... Am I entertaining enough? Will I let you down? What are your expectations of me in this story? Can I write fast enough and good enough to meet them? Will I finally get some views, maybe a small following, and then somehow lose it all by fading away into forgetfulness? Or will I maybe get popular, then mess up big time at some future point, and alway regret it?

Okay, maybe that's a little too much! After all, I don't want to overwhelm you. We just met! Well, you just met me... I don't even know if you're still there...

Well, in the off chance that someone is still reading my words, thank you. I'll attempt my very best for you. (Which I hope is enough to satisfy your expectations.)