Chapter 1

"C'mon, padlock, not now!" cried Beth, who seemed to have a problem with opening her locker. She was the only one out of the class, skipping a Social Studies test.Was that a good thing? Well, not for her. All you need to know about it is she needed the mark of the test but didn't have enough sheets of paper for it."Please, open!"

All of a sudden a pretty tall guy stood in front of her. He was very curious, "Do you need help?" he asked while smiling nonstop. He came closer and put a hand on her padlock. "What's the combination?" She clearly needed help "519... it's kind of important to me".

A few seconds later, when she had access to her stuff, she started wondering things about him. All kind of things. Everything. Who was he? Where was he from? She kept on asking that type of questions to herself. He was awesome. When he smiled, his teeth looked like diamonds. He was simply... perfect.

"What's your name?" he began, gently. Talking to him made her happy, his voice was a beautiful sounding noise. "Elizabeth, but you can call me Beth. What's yours?" He thought a while before replying, but he finally did "Ashton, but you can call me 'baby'" Beth blushed. He apologized "Uhm... it was a joke, I'm sorry. You can call me Ash". Beth knew what she was doing "I'd rather call you 'baby' instead".

Ruth was a strict professor. She wouldn't give extra time to her students to finish a test."I've studied pretty much for this test, I believe I can finish in a few minutes" it was the first time Beth lied to her. Then finally took a seat.

About half an hour had passed since she started, five minutes were left. The last question was the most difficult one for someone who had just studied the first page of the book. "Why does Ganesha have an elephant head?" she thought for a while. "How am I supposed to know that?" There wasn't enough time left for thinking. Maybe she should hand in. It was uncomplete, but at least she had done a part.

She was about to hand in, when a voice stopped her. "Don't! Don't do it yet!" It was the beautiful sounding noise. It could only be him. "Ashton?" Beth assumed. She heard the voice again, "You'll fail. I know you did your best, but you need to do better". How was she supposed to do better when she couldn't? "Look at your test". Was he making fun of her knowledge? Beth was about to cry. "No, I was serious. Look at your test". Those words were hurting her, but she obeyed. "So what?" she thought. A trident was printed at the bottom of it. Beth wasn't sure about what was happening, but the voice replied before she could say or think a word about it. "It's Shiva's trident. He cut off his son's head, so then he grew an elephant one. Haven't you studied?"

The bell rang. She hurried to answer the last question and handed in. Ruth was surprised. She knew Beth wasn't able to finish it in a few minutes, but she didn't know she was actually able to finish it. "Hope you did your best". Beth knew what she was supposed to answer this time, "I did".

It was breaktime. Everyone seemed to enjoy, except her. "Not again, stupid padlock!" she whispered. Her new friend appeared, "It's not the padlock, it's actually the locker". Wasn't it amazing how he was there whenever she needed him? "There's no problem with the padlock" he searched for the 5, then 1 and 9. It opened, but the locker was still closed. "Your locker's door is broken. You have to pull with all of your strength, see?". She could finally get the books for next class. "Thanks... I see you have a good memory, and you're pretty strong". He smiled with a little laugh, "I'll take that as a compliment". She was serious, "You remembered my combination, you have a great memory!" He thought for a while. "Because you said it was important to you. Why's that?". She finally said "I always change my combination to some special date. 519 means 'May 19th', I met a guy that day, his name was Aaron White. He knew how to make me happy..." He interrupted her, "Is he your boyfriend?" She shook her head sadly, "No, but he was". Ashton could feel her pain, "Is he dead?" He turned everything upside down. "Oh my god Ash, no! I was sad because I remembered he used to be my hero, and now he's a jerk to me, but no! He's not dead!" He knew he could make her happier than Aaron ever could. "Not yet" he whispered.

A/N: Sorry, it's my first 5SOS / MAGCON fanfic and this acc is new haha. I have a lot more of stuff planned for the following chapters, don't worry! Please vote/comment if you like it, thanks :) x