Intermission - Circumstantial Love

it was through his rebellious actions

that he saw the shine of spring

༻𖥸༺

CLAUDE HAD ALWAYS BEEN distant and aloof towards all that surrounded him, and, as a teenager, to such characteristics a short-fused temper added itself.

It started small, at first. A few growls here and there when his orders weren't carried out properly, mostly under the guise of them not being 'important enough'一he may not be his brother Anastacius or the Crown Prince, but he was still of royal blood.

Then followed his sudden edge in sword training, thoroughly scaring his teacher with his unstoppable determination. Claude conceded that hitting a target with a sharp, double-edged sword was the best way to release all that pent up frustration.

That was around the time Felix came about and told him that "I'll forever stay by your side!", and didn't that just get on his nerves.

Not to be mistaken一he cares for the red haired boy like his own brother一but his constant tendency to stay three steps behind him was getting annoying real fast.

So he found another outlet for his anger一advancing his magic. It was hard, mind numbing, difficult and distracting, which, by all means, was the perfect way to ignore his ever-shortening fuse.

But then he had that stupid argument with Anastacius that he couldn't even remember the cause of (wait, no, it was because of Penelope一) and just stormed out. Literally. He equipped his sword, pulled a cloak over his head and just walked out of the Golden Palace.

The guards didn't even notice. (Idiots.)

It wasn't his first time out of the imperial grounds and into the city, but it was his first time unaccompanied by either guards or Felix. It was new, interesting and he couldn't even bother to explore to his heart's content because of the rage burning in his soul.

He didn't want to be angry, he didn't even know why he was this angry and it added to his frustrations and soon his magic began leaking around him.

For his impeccable mana control, Claude still was young and the reigns he held over his emotions were loose and easy to slip out of.

So when a soft hand touched his arm and his anger simply dissipated in the wind, Claude was shocked to see equally surprised eyes staring up at him.

Long, flowing silvery blonde hair falling to about the middle of the girl's back, a velvety white dress with golden embroidery fluidly covering her shorter stature and Claude found himself lost in eyes of a vivid green reminiscent of budding spring flowers.

The girl, just as surprised at him, failed to notice her attendant smiling warmly at them, her mind too entranced by the glittering blue eyes that watched her in fascination.

A small blush coloured her face when the edges of the boy's face softened and a small, barely discernable smile painted his lips.

And the royal teenager, with his mind and magic thoroughly calmed, offered a name.

"I'm Claude."