•ONE•

V•XX•XIV

"C'mon, Lou!" Niall yelled to his friend, anxious to arrive down at the beach. "Oh, shut up will you?" He playfully replied before returning his attention to the ice cream vendor.

When Louis retrieved his vanilla sundae, he smiled wide and licked the mountain of cream and sprinkles, closing his eyes to savour the taste. When he opened them once again, he could see the whole beach in front of him in vivid shades of grey and black, with hints of white on the contours of all the rainbow-printed umbrellas. He smiled at the sight. Though Louis couldn't see colours, he was still in awe with everything he took sight of.

"Finally, mate," Niall said, jogging up next to his friend with a brew in his hand, "let's go enjoy today, shall we?" Louis smiled and smacked Niall on the arse before running away carefully down the hill of sand so as not to spill his ice cream.

"Oi! Come back 'ere, you!" Niall said before swiftly catching up to Lou and returning his favour of a swift and forceful slap to his left butt cheek.

"Ouch! Ni, that hurt, mate.." He said girlishly, rubbing his ever-sensitive bum. "Oh, sorry. I hadn't realised.." He said sincerely, but then had to suppress his oncoming laugh so as not to embarrass Louis.

Lou narrowed his eyes and flicked his best friend off before sitting down forcefully in a sun-bathing chair. "Aye, I'm sorry Lou.. I forgot you were, erm, sensitive this week." He cautiously apologised, looking around for beach-goers whom might be a bit too nosy.

"It's fine." Louis bluntly snapped as he pushed his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose forcefully. Niall let out a heavy sigh and sat next to the older boy, then held up his middle finger between their two chairs.

"Hm? Whadaya say, Tommo?" Louis bit the inside of his cheeks to keep from smiling, but couldn't manage as he held up his own bird, linking it with Niall's. "That's what I thought, you teddy-bear."

Louis kicked sand playfully onto the younger's chair, making him stand up. "Oh, it's on, Tomlinson." Louis' eyes widened from behind his glasses as Niall attacked him and hoisted the small boy over his shoulder and carried him to the water.

"No! Ni, please! I don't wanna get we-" he barely finished his sentence before he was submersed in cool seawater, making his body shiver and contort slightly before he came bobbing back to the surface for a breath. "NIALL HORAN! YOU HAD BETTER HOPE TO GOD THAT I DON'T GET AHOLD OF YOU!" Louis yelled, his hands balled into fists at his sides as if he was a small child having a temper tantrum. He had his eyes squeezed tightly shut, and when he opened them, Niall was standing straight in front of him, in all black-and-white.

"Hello, Lou, Tommo Pal, Carrot.." He teased, poking the tip of Louis' nose and skipping out of the water. Even though Louis did NOT want to get his hair wet that day, he didn't mind at all after a while because he felt rejuvenated and refreshed.

•••

After a long day at the beach, Louis and Niall found themselves at a fancy restaurant near the hotel they had been staying in for their summer-vacation. Louis, as usual, had on a pair of red painfully skinny jeans with rolls at the bottom, and a tight striped tee shirt that was oh-so-perfect for the ocean, even though he couldn't see the real colour of the stripes, he was convinced that it worked with his pants. Niall, on the other hand, had on a pair of regular white skinny jeans and a polo, with his trademark Supra high-tops.

"So, did you see that waiter..?" Louis prodded, looking casually at the menu so as not to stare at the yummy man who was their bus-boy. "Oh gosh, Lou. You're such a slut." Niall played, but Lou being on his 'special time', took it all too seriously and kicked his friend under the table, making him jump a bit.